Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Military 'woolly pully' sweaters

Peacoat

Bartender
Do you therefore never wear your WP indoors or indeed sitting outside without a coat?
No. I live on a farm and want to protect my WP from the ravages of farm work, so I always wear a jacket over them. When I sit outside and smoke a cigar, I wear a jacket over them to protect from burning from the cigar. No need to wear them inside.

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
, so I always wear a jacket over them. When I sit outside and smoke a cigar, I wear a jacket over them to protect from burning from the cigar.
Peacoat, a white Royal Navy jumper, sleeves pulled strategically back just a tad right like Nelson's squadron
ride anchor sentry Channel station with a cup of tea-Grey's black with bergamont oil dash pinch and a swop
milk splash, absolutely no sugar, cannot wear a cap or hat of any sort, face shaved ear lobe down collar bone
straight razor; leaned back nonchalance, and mind no jacket, none. And have your lady fair take the snap to promptly post here for our collective review. Must be profile off port side, approximate 10.00 hrs. though set young morning imagine your fixed beneath a high moon, sun in hell furnace abide and Orion's Betelgeuse ablaze while Aldebaran a turi eyes keen celestial horison lookout sharp.

Peacoat

Bartender

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
I would go with the original Wooly Pully: www.outdoorknitwear.com

I wore one of mine outside this morning while smoking my cigar and reading the paper online with my dog. No, she doesn't much read, so I read it to her.
Excellent choice though the submariner royal navy contract definitely worn beneath my gloverall.

She reads but you just got your paws on the paper first. Uh huh.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
No. I live on a farm and want to protect my WP from the ravages of farm work, so I always wear a jacket over them. When I sit outside and smoke a cigar, I wear a jacket over them to protect from burning from the cigar. No need to wear them inside.
I like to wear a WP under a jacket or coat but I also often wear them on their own inside the house; it saves a lot on heating costs and is good for the planet!

Ticklishchap

One Too Many

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
I second @Peacoat
Go for the original WP from Outdoor Knitwear.

Along with my collection of original WPs, I have one of OKW’s products , The 1945, which is quite similar to The Bond. It is a replica of the WWII British military sweater.
The second one, militaryuniformsupply.com is a TW Kempton sweater identical to that sold by outdoorknitwear.com so from that standpoint it's a matter of cost.

SLUG..

New in Town
Hello I'm new here I've just discovered the woolly pully and I'm looking to buy one. I've been looking for something traditional around online and found the brigade quartermasters woolly pully in od green without Epaulets but I'm a little confused about the sizing. I'm from the US I'm on the larger size 6' 200lbs 46" chest. I was wondering if someone could help me with what size I should get and possibly from where preferably I want to buy from the US but where it's made does not matter also I know that it's supposed to fit snug but I'm looking for a slightly looser fit any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

ItnStln

New in Town
Hello I'm new here I've just discovered the woolly pully and I'm looking to buy one. I've been looking for something traditional around online and found the brigade quartermasters woolly pully in od green without Epaulets but I'm a little confused about the sizing. I'm from the US I'm on the larger size 6' 200lbs 46" chest. I was wondering if someone could help me with what size I should get and possibly from where preferably I want to buy from the US but where it's made does not matter also I know that it's supposed to fit snug but I'm looking for a slightly looser fit any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.
I'm about the same size, and the size 46 from Brigade Quartermaster works. If you want looser, try a 48. Most of my finds come from eBay, Poshmark or Mercari.

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
image_123650291.jpeg

An Iranian Commando from the later years of the Shah’s regime. He is wearing the late 60s/mid 70s version of the British WP, with reinforced rather than turn back cuffs , larger shoulder patches and patches covering most of the lower arm rather than just the elbow. My first WP, as a schoolboy, was like this.

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
An Iranian Commando from the later years of the Shah’s regime. He is wearing the late 60s/mid 70s version of the British WP, with reinforced rather than turn back cuffs , larger shoulder patches and patches covering most of the lower arm rather than just the elbow. My first WP, as a schoolboy, was like this.

Soldier holds an Israeli Uzi fixed bayonet with box magazine holding twenty rounds ''teen'' 9-19 mm parabellum.
I don't like his right index finger on the weapon's trigger, his index should traverse across guard.
And the knife is a FAL Belgian frog. UZI really speaks for itself so the blade is superfluous.
Last but not least the right shoulder pad shows tearing and the right sleeve cuff looks frayed.

Right this isn't Aldershot, but still standards are standard.:eek:;)

Ticklishchap

One Too Many
Soldier holds an Israeli Uzi fixed bayonet with box magazine holding twenty rounds ''teen'' 9-19 mm parabellum.
I don't like his right index finger on the weapon's trigger, his index should traverse across guard.
And the knife is a FAL Belgian frog. UZI really speaks for itself so the blade is superfluous.
Last but not least the right shoulder pad shows tearing and the right sleeve cuff looks frayed.

Right this isn't Aldershot, but still standards are standard.:eek:;)
I agree with you Fox. I was also aware of the Israeli-manufactured Uzi; it is historically interesting because it reminds us of a vet different relationship between Iran and Israel at that time. But we are not allowed to talk about politics. … It’s a great photo of the Iranian chap and nice to be reminded of my first WP back in the day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner