Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mint stetson royal stratoliner for sale $110 plus shipping

devil dog

New in Town
for sale is a beautiful stratoliner size 7 1/8 wide oval. the inside band has no cracks or tares. no stains or marks inside or out. beside a reshaping this hat looks as if it has never been worn or if it has it was only a few times. if you have any questions on this hat or would like different pictures please e - mail me at joshua.hicks@smail.rasmussen.edu no reasonable offer refused

p.s. i didn't know how to use photo bucket and the wife has just taught me how. so thank you to all who have helped in this endeavor :eusa_clap

ugly-ford
[/IMG]
ugly-ford

ugly-ford

ugly-ford

ugly-ford

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
devil dog said:
ok since i have no idea what it is worth i will go $100 plus shipping. i want it gone. or give a offer

Dog, like I suggested before, put it on ebay. You will get what the market will bear and you will have a larger group of bidders.

devil dog

New in Town
the first and last time i posted on ebay the guy won and then didnt want to pay long story short i had to pay ebay $60 for not selling my truck. i would rather just sell it here.

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
Sorry to hear of your bad luck. I tried to explain to you before that you had it priced to high and even gave you data to back my opinion. The fact that you have dropped your price 3 or 4 times and still have no buyers confirms what I tried to explain to you before. The people here on the lounge are for the most part very knowledgeable as to a hats value. I explained that to you as well. You do not seem to accept helpful suggestions, so I guess you will continue on with this. If you will do the research for like hats, then price it accordingly you may sell it. Keep on with the over pricing that you have been and you will continue to own the hat. Remember you have a small hat, there are many in the small sizes. A larger size will bring a higher price as there are not as many.

devil dog

New in Town
I tried looking at the post that you sent me and nothing came up. It asked for me to sign in and I did, then nothing again came up. I called several shops in Cali that deal with old hats and they said they would put it in there shops from $100- $150. I have asked other dealers and that is pretty much what they said as well. so I HAVE done research and I have priced it accordingly as I thought fit, but apparently I have over priced it . So that is why I keep dropping the price. All I get is bad remarks form people on here. I am just trying to offer something that I thought somebody on here would like to own. I am not trying to scam anybody. This hat is what I say it is. but because I haven't done everything right I am labeled as a scam artist by some people on here. I am NOT a scam artist , just somebody trying to sell something. I sold a John Deere booklet to somebody else over the net and I refuse to cash the check until I get feed back from the guy on whether or not it is what he wanted it to be. So please unless you have questions about the hat or a offer please don't post on here. Bud I would like to thank you for your time and effort on trying to help me with finding a good price for the hat. I will now drop the price of the hat to the final price of $80 this will be the last time i post here. So if you are wanting any info on the hat or would like to make a offer please contact me at joshua.hicks@smail.rasmussen.edu

thank you all for your time and patience ;)

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
I am not sure who you are directing the scam comment to, I have never said that you were scamming anyone. I will be blunt, the hat based on comparable sales on ebay is worth around $50.00.

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-ROYAL-STETSON-1-8-STRATOLINER-NC-SWIFT-son_W0QQitemZ310022260774QQihZ021QQcategoryZ14065QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stetson-Royal-Stratoliner-Fedora-Western-Air-Hat-Sz-7_W0QQitemZ230218752877QQihZ013QQcategoryZ52370QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It is a small size, if it were larger there are more buyers and it would fetch a higher price. I am NOT trying to beat you down, I have a Stratoliner, and paid well below what you are asking and am not in the market for another, no matter what the size. Basing your pricing on antique shops or other retailers would give one a false sense of value. What they are giving you is an asking price, not a selling price. When you first came on, you asked and I quote "......if you could let me know what would be a good price for it." I have given you a price that I base on comparables and experience. Rick Blaine also explained that a small size will not fetch the price of a larger hat. We have tried to help and guide you, only to be the target of your tirades. Worry not, I will spend no more time trying to help you, you are on your own. Best of Luck

For those that feel the price is right, I say make this seller happy and pony up the funds and purchase his hat. There is a time for the rubber to hit the road, this may be it. A time for one to do, rather than hypothesize.

devil dog said:
i would like to sell my stetson royal stratoliner. cant post pics on here so if you could let me know what would be a good price for it. there isnt a mark on it and it is in its i think to be original box. if it has been used it has been used very little . if this post should be in a nother fourm let me know and i will erase it. i do wanna sell it ,but i dont wanna give it away if you want pics let me know and i will send them to you. it is tan in color. and someone told me it was worth over a hundred dollars but how much i dont know the hat size is 7 1/8

thanks guys

joshua.hicks@smail.rasmussen.edu

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I dunno Ya'll...

I think $80- $100 is about in the "good deal" ballpark for a 7 1/8 Strat in that (very nice, BTW) condition. If my head were two sizes smaller I'd snap it up in a heartbeat, no question. It is true that a 7 3/8 would be 30% - 50% higher though, but if a frog had wings it wouldn't bump its butt when it jumped, eh? ;)

devil dog

New in Town
Rick Blaine said:
I think $80- $100 is about in the "good deal" ballpark for a 7 1/8 Strat in that (very nice, BTW) condition. If my head were two sizes smaller I'd snap it up in a heartbeat, no question. It is true that a 7 3/8 would be 30% - 50% higher though, but if a frog had wings it wouldn't bump its butt when it jumped, eh? ;)

See that is all i needed to hear. Thank you rick, I have a guy in the U.K. asking about the hat so it might be sold for $80 plus shipping. SO it might be sold . If you are interested please, let me know, and if he doesn't come through then i will contact you about it. Thank you for all your positive feed back.

Joshua

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
The price seems to jump at the 7 3/8 mark. Seems there are quite a few of us. A 7 1/4 is probably close, when you get to the 7 1/2 or 7 5/8 they get very hard to come by. There seem to be plenty of the 6 7/8 to 7 1/8 on the bay all the time.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Bud-n-Texas said:
The price seems to jump at the 7 3/8 mark. Seems there are quite a few of us. A 7 1/4 is probably close, when you get to the 7 1/2 or 7 5/8 they get very hard to come by. There seem to be plenty of the 6 7/8 to 7 1/8 on the bay all the time.

Just so.
There are hats I would gladly pay $75 -$100+ if they were only 7 3/8 or 7 1/2. As it is the same hat at 6 7/8 - 7 1/8 goes unsold for lack of a $10 or $15 dollar minimum bid. I curse my fat head often, don'tcha know!
:eusa_doh:

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
Rick Blaine said:

Just so.
There are hats I would gladly pay $75 -$100+ if they were only 7 3/8 or 7 1/2. As it is the same hat at 6 7/8 - 7 1/8 goes unsold for lack of a $10 or $15 dollar minimum bid. I curse my fat head often, don'tcha know!
:eusa_doh:

Rick that has been my point all along.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
The most common current head sizes are 7 3/8, 7 1/2, and 7 5/8. Anything over 7 3/8 will always sell higher and faster. I have wasted many hours and days trying to find vintage hats for my 7 1/2 mellon, and I've only nailed one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy