Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Missed Open Road

Nigel

One of the Regulars
My first foray into buying hats on eBay sadly failed. I had my eye on this Stetson Open Road. I'd decided to hold off until the last minute:eusa_doh: , unfortunately I was late hope from work and missed the close by about five minutes. Never mind the cash I had set aside for this might just now go for a nice panama instead:D If someone here was the lucky bidder, enjoy your hat:fedora:
42887841_tp.jpg

mingoslim

Practically Family
I had my eyes on this one as well . . .

I figured a would put in a bid before the auction closed, and like you, I got distracted (having to work does so screw up my time:) ) . . .

Would love to know who got it . . . and if they are going to keep that awful ribbonlol

RBH

Bartender
Welcome to the Lounge Nigel !!!

You have great taste ! :eusa_clap
That was a good price on that hat. BUT a real Open Road would have had a thin ribbon, keep on looking and you will be sure to find 'just' the hat you are looking for.
Good Luck ...

Nigel

One of the Regulars
RBH said:
Welcome to the Lounge Nigel !!!

Thanks for the welcome, I did post a short intro in the Obs Lounge but maybe should have made a small intro here, better still here is my intro. I'll keep looking, the search is now set up to email me with new listings.

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Not exactly one of a kind and not really a great example of an OR (also, are you a long oval, because if not it might not have even fit properly).

You'll find a better one in no time.

Nigel

One of the Regulars
jake_fink said:
(also, are you a long oval, because if not it might not have even fit properly).

You'll find a better one in no time.

Well spotted, that passed me by. It wasn't mentioned in the description and I hadn't spotted it in the pic. Just as well I missed it then;) note to self: look closer in futurelol

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Cowboy, with a size seven the world is your oyster. I would wager in 30 days time you could bag several lovely vintage ORs for >$50 USD with little problem. And do not overlook the various vintage OR pretenders, almost every manufacturer seemed to produce one.

Regards & good hunting,

Rick

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
jamespowers said:
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!:eusa_doh:

Just wait until someone decides to create an entirely free sniper. Cheap shoppers and last minute snipers watch out. :eek:
By the way, nice hat! You'll catch the next one. Use a fishing rod. Just don't aim from the ribbon.

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
happyfilmluvguy said:
Just wait until someone decides to create an entirely free sniper. Cheap shoppers and last minute snipers watch out. :eek:
By the way, nice hat! You'll catch the next one. Use a fishing rod. Just don't aim from the ribbon.

Depending on how many auctions you plan to bid on per week free snipes are avaiable. If you sign up for multiple snipe programs you increase the number of free snipes you have available. Share the love I say, and keep prices on smelly old hats down here where the riff raff can get a whiff at them.

Bebop

Practically Family
I saw that hat and would have gone for it at such a great price but it was too small and I have an Open Road that looks almost identical. I was quite surprised to see that it went for just a few bucks. The ones you think are going to go for big bucks sell for just a few dollars and the ones you would not bid $20 on, go for $100. You never know with Ebay.[huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy