Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Missing Loungers Whom You Miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Oh, there was that woman.....ure...eru...rue.....or something like that.......she seemed kinda nice there for a moment or two.....

Oh, there was that woman.....ure...eru...rue.....or something like that.......she seemed kinda nice there for a moment or two.....

Yeah. I heard that she went to a Thanksgiving meal in the southwest and was captured by wild Indians. Seems she has charmed them into a laptop,tho...so should be back in communication after the annual around the bonfire by the light of the moon snow dance.:D

Louise Anne

Suspended
I cannot help but think the question should be more about why they are not posting here any more. beuse the people who you enjoy chatting with now night be in the furture very people you miss!

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Well, to get back to the mainstream of this thread, my old buddy Diamondback seems to only posting once a month, if that. And a lovely lady named I'moldfashioned has not been around for a long time.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I'm sorry of this has been covered here already, but there was guy named Goose who used to post here. I liked his style. He had had some health problems and sort of disappeared for a while, maybe reappearing again for a short time (?) I don't know if there was any positive conclusion as to what happened to him. I dread asking but does anyone know?

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I joined on January 1, 2007 and so many people have come and gone in these past 5 years I've been here! Then are are a few mainstays (like LizzieMaine!) It seems like most people post a LOT then just VANISH.

I remember a body-builder woman named....Samantha? Stephanie? She was very active several years ago. Some people post, but then start to feel like they might not "fit in." Some of the ones mentioned here have told me this directly. I've gone through phases where I felt I didn't fit in, but overall I like it here and haven't felt like that lately. And as rue said to me "Just be yourself." lol

Mojito

One Too Many
I go through those phases too, Amy Jeanne...unfortunately I've struggled the last couple of years (PTSD and associated issues), and one side effect has been a measure of paranoia - a conviction that I'm irritating people, that they find me arrogant or pompous, that they might think I have too much money to splash around or any number of other things I worry about that might seem baseless and completely irrational to others. In this unfortunate state of mind - however much I tell myself I'm being melodramatic or just overly sensitive - I find it's better to pull away a bit rather than let my paranoia feed on itself. I don't like inflicting my state of mind on others, as it's difficult to reassure someone with irrational fears like I have. It is difficult to interact positively on a messageboard when you're combatting feelings of insecurity, worthlessness and the sneaking (if baseless) suspicion that you're disliked. That's not very constructive for anyone, and rather than make the issue one that others have to cope with or tiptoe around or get frustrated over, it's better to just quietly withdraw.

rue

I hope you don't mind me answering your post Mojito, but I just wanted to tell you I'm really glad you started posting more. When I was back reading threads I found your posts to be very informative and even in the Gatsby thread your answers to my questions helped me a lot. I don't find you to be arrogant or pompous in the least, just knowledgeable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24