Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mister Freedom Denim Peacoat

majormajor

One Too Many
I've never really been into Peacoats, but as a Denim freak, I really like this one from Mister Freedom:D

peacoat.jpg

Highwaymanman

A-List Customer
For foul weather outerwear denim is a non starter unless it's been oiled or something else to make it a bit more waterproof. I'd want a thick old lining too, sheepskin maybe.

It's very nice looking denim I'll admit.

OneEyeMan

Practically Family
Very cool Major!
I've never seen a Pea Coat in Denim.
For someone like me, who happens to own and love an old wool one, I can see buying
a denim one also for warmer weather.
Lenny

majormajor

One Too Many
Leeds used to be great for clothes i haven't been through in a few years now.
I think the last time i was there the corn exchange was just sitting there empty.

That's a shame. Last time I was there (maybe 2003) it was bustling.

majormajor

One Too Many
Ralph Lauren have got this one in the sale....

http://www.ralphlauren.co.uk/product/index.jsp?productId=8438641&cp=4320611.4906311.4906471&ab=ln_holding_apparel_<b>jacketsouterwear</b>

edit: Can't get that to show as a link. Copy & paste it into a new window and it works:D

Last edited:

majormajor

One Too Many
Mister Freedom make brilliant stuff, but unless you live near a store, getting the stuff is not easy. In the UK, it is nigh on impossible.

It seems remarkable that a US company can actually come up with a website almost as inpenetrable as the Japanese ones they are competing with.

But then, using Wordpress to run a commerce site is just wierd.

And yes, I do know that they ship internationally, but I should not have to email, just to find out stock levels. If it was a one-man show, I could understand that. But aren't they supposed to be a proper business??

Rant over:eeek::eusa_doh:;)

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
but I should not have to email, just to find out stock levels.
[huh] Ok, I did never shop at their place but as far as I know they make really limited editions and often use deadstock fabric. So if they would use a normal webshop and people would order something but get the item in another color there would be complaints too.

My girlfriend runs a small business too so I can see these things from another perspective.
An email is not so much work and you have direct contact to the vendor.

majormajor

One Too Many
[huh] Ok, I did never shop at their place but as far as I know they make really limited editions and often use deadstock fabric. So if they would use a normal webshop and people would order something but get the item in another color there would be complaints too.

My girlfriend runs a small business too so I can see these things from another perspective.
An email is not so much work and you have direct contact to the vendor.

Rising Sun are a very similar business model, selling to the same idiosyncratic market,and even living in the same State.

But they have a proper web site that works. Go figure:D;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steveng183