Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Modern wedding gowns

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Glass Susie what an amazing wedding! I love the touches that your parents had with their own vintage garb, and the sword! Just wonderful!

All of you gals look stunning. Kim you are two hard on yourself, nitpicking that way, lol! The pics were fabulous!

Sari, I think that's one of my favorite pics of you now, loved it!

Waingirl I love that gown. I had actually bookmarked with when helping my SIL to be look for a gown but she didn't go for it, lol! I think it was MADE for you! I have a lace skirt that is made very much the same, so Titanicesk with the teirs.

Now to await Jitterbugs dress decission!! :p

Nikki

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Miss Dottie said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohairas

Now to await Jitterbugs dress decission!!

Nikki
I was thinking the same thing!

I did find the perfect dress, ladies, though no pictures yet. I'll be wearing a tea length, antique cream taffeta dress with a matching beaded jacket--it dates to the early 40s and is just right for what we are planning. :)

Here are photos of the killer shoes I bought to go with it ;):
40s_leaf_plats_Lfr.jpg

40s_beaded_leaf_plats_bk.JPG

jonniangel

One of the Regulars
Your dress sounds lovely and the shoes are perfect, I love the bits of color.

I just LOVE weddings (my husband would tell you I'm wedding obsessed, but what does he know? lol ) so I'm hanging on your every word. :eusa_clap Did I see in another thread that you have a vintage wedding book coming out, expanding on the articles you wrote a couple of years ago?

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
There's nothing more beautiful than a bride on her wedding day and all you ladies look beautiful!

This thread makes me want to get married!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
JBD those shoes are adorable! The dress sounds wonderful too.. you don't have to show us if you don't want HJ to see it, lol!
Nikki

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer
::gasp::

Those shoes are wonderful!

I know I have said it before, but JBD, you have amazing taste! Watching your wedding will be a real treat! You find the most wonderful things.

jonniangel, I too just LOVE details about weddings. I wish I could get married to my wonderful husband every year. If I can't do that, I can at least drool over other people's.

Hope you don't mind our voyeurism lol

I will add my bit about my dress. I got a more Elizabethan styled dress than a vintage dress. I couldn't get it to be big enough, renting hoopskirts in a small town isn't easy :) It took the one hoop skirt I could find and 3 crinolines to get it to poof at all, it was so heavy! I just loved it. Sometimes I think about wearing it to the grocery store I love it so much, lol. Here is the link to the designer's web
http://www.marysbridal.com/bridal/6160.html

RetroMom

One of the Regulars
Wow!
You gals are absolutely gorgeous and classy!! I envy your golden era inspired wedding photo's. Mine are typical '80's big gown, big hair... dated looking:(

I think for my 20th (coming up in 2 years) I will marry my husband all over again with a more sophisticated vintage look!:)

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer
RetroMom said:
Wow!
You gals are absolutely gorgeous and classy!! I envy your golden era inspired wedding photo's. Mine are typical '80's big gown, big hair... dated looking:(

I think for my 20th (coming up in 2 years) I will marry my husband all over again with a more sophisticated vintage look!:)

Hush, now! Just think, in another 30 years, your look will be considered "vintage" and there will be pictures of you that other girls will be admiring! I am sure you were beautiful. Your husband thought you were, and that is the most important thing!

How wonderful that you have been married for 20 years! Many congratulations! Sounds like an excellent reason to celebrate and buy a pretty gown!

Eleanor Marie

One of the Regulars
Excited...

JBD I will join the other girls and say that I am excited to see what you will look like! The shoes look great - hope your feet won't hurt too much?! Heres waiting for the pictures after the event..... where did I put my crochet....?

RetroMom

One of the Regulars
GoldLeaf said:
Hush, now! Just think, in another 30 years, your look will be considered "vintage" and there will be pictures of you that other girls will be admiring! I am sure you were beautiful. Your husband thought you were, and that is the most important thing!

How wonderful that you have been married for 20 years! Many congratulations! Sounds like an excellent reason to celebrate and buy a pretty gown!

You are too sweet! I never looked at it that way before, you made my whole day!:)

texasgirl

One Too Many
Our wedding- texasgirl and Les Gillis!!!

We got some of the pictures back from our recent nuptials. We did a vintage-inspired wedding, and we thought it came out perfect!

Here we are in front of the chapel. It was built in 1904.
stepsbw.jpg

The Chapel at Chestnut Square
chapel.jpg

Here's my modern dress, with a vintage flair!
michellepiano.jpg

The cake with our vintage cake topper
cake.jpg

Here's some neat ones the photographer did with color selection
michellebouquetcolor.jpg

kisscolorbw.jpg

And here's the invitations- very vintage-inspired, but from Target!
invitation.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred