Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Most attractive 30's - 40's movie star (dolls for the guys, guys for the dolls)

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Huh? what? oh [angel]

mitchumcolor.jpg

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
She may not quite beat out the others in a photo (that depends on taste), but once that picture is moving....
1557585640_75c6e5f38d.jpg

broadway00.jpg

charisse.jpg

My two favorites, unfortunately for this thread, are from the 50s/60s.

Last edited:

MissMittens

One Too Many
Tierney was beautiful, no doubt. One omission on my part, which I will now rectify, is Dolores Del Rio. Absolute babe back in the 20s and 30s (and good-looking even after that).

I'd never heard of her......looks like she was a real doll. I haven't watched much from the silent period, just a couple of classics, and all the Harold Lloyd movies. Not many made the transition from silent to talkie

MissMittens

One Too Many
Huh? what? oh [angel]

mitchumcolor.jpg

Did you see the thread on old things you'd like to see back? I mentioned a railcar diner in town.......it was originally owned and operated by Robert Mitchum's family, and is known as the Hollywood Diner. They owned 6 of them throughout the state, starting in 1955, but his grandparents operated the one in the state capital themselves. Robert was a frequent visitor when he was not in Hollywood. He and Dorothy had their first meal there apparently, after they were married in the capital.

hollywooddiner.jpg
[/IMG]

MissMittens

One Too Many
REMEMBER, KIDS: The search function is your friend... (We've had threads on this subject since like 2004!)

I did search, but apparently not hard enough. It's hard when you realize just how many posts/threads there have been here. The size of this forum is immense.

Apologies for re-treading old ground

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
She was one of the first, if not the first, female directors

I love me some Ida Lupino, for many of the same reasons you cited, but she most definitely was not the first woman to direct movies, not by a long shot. Alice Guy-Blaché, Lois Weber, Dorothy Arzner and others preceded her by decades.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails