Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Most attractive 30's - 40's movie star (dolls for the guys, guys for the dolls)

Marcus

A-List Customer
Said once and I'll say it again. Vivien Leigh hands down!!

VivienLeigh.jpg

V.L..jpg

vivien-leigh.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
My vote for handsome male star of the Golden Era right now is Don Ameche, as my man reminds me of him a bit! Now if i could only get him to consider giving a pencil moustache a try... Mmm:)

Gene

Practically Family
She was a doll. Saw her recently in some film from '55; she had short hair (which didn't really flatter her), but was still good-looking.

Personally, I think in The Big Sleep she absolutely outshined Lauren Bacall. She just had this silly sexuality about her I fell in love with. She led a pretty tragic short life and didn't have too prolific of a career, but there is just something about her I find breathtaking.

Trombone

Familiar Face
Ever since I saw Cary Grant in Topper (33), I've fallen over for Constance Bennett, she is beauty in the Art Decco style of the time. She also had a face and expression that could speak a million elegant words and never utter a sound.

Bennett20.jpg

Bennett13.jpg

Marshall

One of the Regulars
Personally, I think in The Big Sleep she absolutely outshined Lauren Bacall. She just had this silly sexuality about her I fell in love with. She led a pretty tragic short life and didn't have too prolific of a career, but there is just something about her I find breathtaking.
:arated:

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I know I answered this before, but.....

Jean still tops, male or female. Everyone I know thinks she's ugly, but they all have no taste lol

jean12.jpg

She is my girl, my forever favourite.

As for cute guys from back then:

2009_0325_mystery_photo.jpg

Frank Albertson

5jtk651h609g6k15.jpg

Karl Dane

38lq1wtuqkqckqcw.jpg

William Haines

al_bowlly.JPG

Al Bowlly

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I always thought Harold Lloyd was quite good looking in a clean-cut small-town kind of way.

I'm disappointed, though, that there's no love here for Ned Sparks, Guy Kibbee, Allen Jenkins, or Spec O'Donnell. Beauty isn't everything.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
OH YES ALLEN JENKINS. I love him, too. I find him good-looking!!

8g7gbm29v8rq8q7v.jpg

I'm not into the Clark Gables and the Errol Flynns. I like 'em silly and kinda ugly-ish.

Sam Craig

One Too Many
You know how to whistle don't ya?

Man, there is some great depth in Hollywood in those days ... 30s and 40s ... dolls and guys both

Look at the way Gable dressed ... the great fedoras that Tracy always wore ... the way Bing Crosby paired up sports clothes ... jackets, hats, pipe ... and the incredible way that Jimmy Durante wore a fedora ... in the movies and off too

I know .. the studio had people help them dress but the end result was stunning

The women were something else ... Jean Arthur .. Ava Gardner ... Lena Horne ... incredible

Put your lips together and BLOW!

Sam

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner