Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Movie star

kyda

One of the Regulars
We are going to a Quiz night and the theme is to go as your fav movie star, I have thought I would go as the original blond bombshell herself Miss Marilyn Monroe, as at the moment she is my fav. If you were invited to an event where you had to go as a movie star who would you go as???????? [huh] [huh] [huh] [huh] [huh] [huh]

Good question--probably a "Mini-Me"* version of Gregory Peck in his depiction of MacArthur, given that it's the least "reinvention" from my normal.
*Hey, I can't help that I lost the "genetic lottery" on height!:eek: lol And since I ain't about to have all my hair shaved off or bleached white for the George C. Scott look...

----------------
Now playing: Harold Faltermeyer and Steve Stevens - Top Gun Anthem
via FoxyTunes

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Sarah Michelle Geller; I look like I could be her big sister. But I don't know that she has a signature look. Maybe Marlene Dietrich in black tie? (Not that we look alike.)

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
kyda said:
I have thought I would go as the original blond bombshell herself Miss Marilyn Monroe

I like Marilyn plenty, don't get me wrong, but Jean Harlow was the original blond bombshell.

Edward

Bartender
Yul Brynner would probably be the closest I could do.... though the most recent movie characters I've dressed up as were portrayed by Donald Pleasance and Tim Curry (more make-up, less clothing... lol ).

Had a hankering for a while to do Brando in The Wild One - I look nothing like the guy, but I'd enjoy putting the costume together, getting the details right, like painting the jacket etc.

katiemakeup

Practically Family
Joan Crawford always had a presence. Love her or hate her, she's a fighter. Ava Gardner is luscious to the nth degree!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay