Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My first Art Fawcett

jkingrph

Practically Family
Got my first Art Fawcett last week. A beautiful silver blue with thin ribbon.
There was some confusion in the order, and it was made with a narrower brim than I had originally wanted.

When I asked Art he saw the error after reviewing e mails and offered to remake. By that time I liked it so well, as did my wife, I told him it would stay as is.

Thanks for the consideration and service Art!!:)

Jeff

Razzman

One Too Many
Congratulations on the new hat. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap Any photographs available? We'd all love to see the hat, especially one of you wearing it.

Chanfan

A-List Customer
Yeesh, what's the deal with these Art Fawcett reviews? Can the man do no wrong? Apparently not! lol

I'd just like to hear "Art filled my lid with mustard, and not the good stuff" or something. Otherwise, I worry that my bank account might be getting smaller in the future… ;)

luvthatlulu

Suspended
Chanfan

I just received my first Art Fawcett and...well, he filled my lid with mustard. Happy now?

Actually, the man went to great pains to do exactly what I had asked him to do--a clone of "Undertaker"'s Art Fawcett #2 hat. Art kept telling me it couldn't be done to "perfection", or "exactly", etc. Then he goes and does it anyway. D**n that Art Fawcett! Who does he think he is anyway?

I recommend him highly...and, yes, his work is addictive. That's all I have to say about that. ;)

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
It's in the rules

In case everyone didn't know it, there is a rule in the Fedoralounge that you can't make a post and go off on how great your new acquisiton is unless you post pictures of it for the rest of us. That is a rule isn't it MK? I'm sure I remember reading it somewhere.

fedoralover

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
furthermore, if you don't post pics then you have to ship the hat to the first guy that

hollers dibbs !!!!

mark the shoeshine boy

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Chanfan...I'm ummm sorry???

Thanks for the post JK and again sorry for the confusion. Gent's, the story was JK ordered a dupe of what Baron's calls the "Enteprenuer" that is their interpretation of the hat Jeff Bridges wore in Seabisuit. So the order went " I want the Entepreneur with the 3 1/4" brim just like the hat in SB"..Since I own the original hat used in the film, I read " OH, he wants the hat in Seabisuit so piece'o'cake, I'll just dupe the original" I hate senior moments...

Awaiting pics JK...thanks for the understanding

undertaker

Practically Family
luvthatlulu said:
I just received my first Art Fawcett and...well, he filled my lid with mustard. Happy now?

Actually, the man went to great pains to do exactly what I had asked him to do--a clone of "Undertaker"'s Art Fawcett #2 hat. Art kept telling me it couldn't be done to "perfection", or "exactly", etc. Then he goes and does it anyway. D**n that Art Fawcett! Who does he think he is anyway?

I recommend him highly...and, yes, his work is addictive. That's all I have to say about that. ;)

WHAT??? I thought I had that one copyrighted. lol lol lol

Chanfan we can't wait to see yours.

Regards,
J.S.

ideaguy

One Too Many
I just saw the "Jazzman"...wow. I need one. Little thinner ribbon, if Mr. Fawcett would agree to it-but that's a hat to be treasured. And worn!
I've yet to take the plunge and order from the man; now that he's expanded his website to include so many examples of hats, I'm gonna have one heckuva hat sale in order for me to order a hat or two. Life's too short to not have the best.
All those needing 7 3/8 or 7 1/4 lids, I'll have photos ready pronto.

jkingrph

Practically Family
I have been trying to figure out how to post pictures and think I got the hang of itl Here are couple of photos of the hat. The one with me holding camera for self portrait so bad I would not show it to my dogs.
a>
a>

jkingrph

Practically Family
jamespowers said:
It looks more vintage than the actual thing. :eek: Very Mallory looking. I love it. Enjoy it in the rain, snow and purported it is also tornado proof. ;)

Regards,

J
Snow here is about as rare as hen's teeth. My wife has already said not to wear it in the rain, use an old one. Now for tornado's, will probably try to grab it and run!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran