Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new Aero 1930 Halfbelt FQHH

jr30

Familiar Face
Hi

My name is Roman and I was reading a lot about Aero Jackets in this forum.

It took a while to make my decision and yesterday I have got a brand new Aero 1930 Halfbelt in natural Front Quarter Horsehide bought from Thurston Bros. After a very nice dialog with Carrie at Thurston Bros I ordered a stock Aero.

One week later the Jacket arrived here in Switzerland in good condition. After opening the package my first impression was: "wow this is cool, but looks really very short!" This is my first 'real' leather jacket. In the past I had a few 'lambskin fashion accessory' type of jackets, but nothing I really liked.

A friend told me, don't buy a leather jacket in standard size like a suite or another fashion item. He said: "...the jacket should end below your belt and should fit on your body...". Because I only want to wear a shirt or t-shirt underneath, I feel comfortable with the sizing at the shoulders. As expected the leather is very stiff but with a great moleskin lining it is nice to wear, but still needs some time to 'break in'.

I love to smell the Horween Leather and the style looks like a 'everyday jacket'. But to me the short back/front length is very unusual and of course my 'belly' needs some training when closing the zip what I usually not do...
Also I hope the jacket will stretch a little bit in the area of the chest and gets softer over time

I am 5'11 with 180 lbs, chest around 40.

Jacket measurements:
Back length: 25.5
Sleeve length: 25.75
Pit-to-pit: 22.25
Shoulder: 17.5
Waist/bottom hem: 19.5

Please feel free to comment, I would highly appreciate in your opinion regarding style, color and sizing. Sorry for my English. Thank you!

Roman

IMG-1.JPG
IMG-2.JPG
IMG-3.JPG
IMG-4.JPG
IMG-5.JPG
IMG-6.JPG
IMG-7.JPG

This is a great looking jacket!
And...not too short at all.

I am 1/2in shorter than you (5’10.5”) and I like my back length at 24.5”.
Traditionally they were worn just at or below belt in the rear, so yours is great. If it covers your back pockets- it’s too long for this style.
Please post more pictures as it wears in.
Congratulations!

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Hi Roman.. it looks like a really great fit to me. I wouldn't want any more length in front,or the back. even the the sleeves look good.

how does it look zipped up?

I really like the natural CXL also.. this will get a bit darker with wear and have a nice unique appearance.

Beautiful jacket and the fit is fantastic! It should def not be any longer...it would become a car coat if it were. If anything it could be an inch shorter. The front drop on the 30's HB is pretty generous.

jr30

Familiar Face
Hi Roman.. it looks like a really great fit to me. I wouldn't want any more length in front,or the back. even the the sleeves look good.

how does it look zipped up?
Thank you for your feedback. As you see, zipped up it is really tight at waist/bottom hem. :) IMG-6368.JPG

I really like the natural CXL also.. this will get a bit darker with wear and have a nice unique appearance.

dannyk

One Too Many
We have lively debate all the time about where a jacket should end. Some say just below the belt, others say on the belt, and some even say just above the belt. So this jacket is 100% a great fit for what it sounds you wanted. Wouldnt change the length at all. Congrats on your first "real" leather jacket!

Cooperson

One Too Many
Beautiful jacket and really great fit! I’m also 5’ 11” and my preferred back length on a 30’s half belt is 25”, yours is 1/2” longer than that. If you’d gone any longer you would have lost the period look altogether, I’d say you’ve got it spot on and I’ve owned a few half belts :) Wear it, enjoy it, trust me it looks the business!

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Hi

My name is Roman and I was reading a lot about Aero Jackets in this forum.

It took a while to make my decision and yesterday I have got a brand new Aero 1930 Halfbelt in natural Front Quarter Horsehide bought from Thurston Bros. After a very nice dialog with Carrie at Thurston Bros I ordered a stock Aero.

One week later the Jacket arrived here in Switzerland in good condition. After opening the package my first impression was: "wow this is cool, but looks really very short!" This is my first 'real' leather jacket. In the past I had a few 'lambskin fashion accessory' type of jackets, but nothing I really liked.

A friend told me, don't buy a leather jacket in standard size like a suite or another fashion item. He said: "...the jacket should end below your belt and should fit on your body...". Because I only want to wear a shirt or t-shirt underneath, I feel comfortable with the sizing at the shoulders. As expected the leather is very stiff but with a great moleskin lining it is nice to wear, but still needs some time to 'break in'.

I love to smell the Horween Leather and the style looks like a 'everyday jacket'. But to me the short back/front length is very unusual and of course my 'belly' needs some training when closing the zip what I usually not do...
Also I hope the jacket will stretch a little bit in the area of the chest and gets softer over time

I am 5'11 with 180 lbs, chest around 40.

Jacket measurements:
Back length: 25.5
Sleeve length: 25.75
Pit-to-pit: 22.25
Shoulder: 17.5
Waist/bottom hem: 19.5

Please feel free to comment, I would highly appreciate in your opinion regarding style, color and sizing. Sorry for my English. Thank you!

Roman

View attachment 216546 View attachment 216547 View attachment 216548 View attachment 216549 View attachment 216550 View attachment 216551 View attachment 216552
Welcome to the lounge Roman:
A very fine entrance with an absolutely beautiful hide and style jacket. You’re batting a 1000 on the fit review from people who are as expert as you’ll find on the planet.
In a year tops you’ll recall your first post and laugh and say “did i really think this was too short?”.
Perfect. Enjoy
Keep coming back.
Bowen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk