Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

my new and first optimo Panama!

Marcovgv

New in Town
I was looking around ebay and noticed this Optimo hat, I placed a bid and forgot about the auction thinking i was definitely going to get outbid. I was really surprised when it only went to $75.00 and i won. I am now the proud owner of a size 7 5/8 Optimo, Brim 2", crown 4" at the front and 4 1/2" crown side. i am really happy with this purchase and this is my new favorite blocking shape. I am actually going to send some hats to Art if he can produce this shape on my other hats.

I am really impressed with how even the weave is on this hat. Its about a 18 WPI hat but it is much more uniform weave than my other montecristi that has 20 WPI. I dont know how much this hat would cost at Optimo, i think their straw hats start at 500.00.

hat i like 4.jpg optimo 1.JPG hat i like 3.jpg HatILike1.jpg

Marcovgv

New in Town
The hat did not look so good in pictures. the brim was misshapen and the crown was also lumpy. some steam and a little patience went a very long way. its not exactly the shap i want it to be but its getting there. the right side of the brim is still uneaven when compared to the left. Maybe ill just send it to art or Optimo.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Good deal - I especially like the shot of you wearing the hat.

Personally I wouldn't worry about the brim, I think Panamas tend to have a mind of their own and often not being 100% symmetrical is part of the charm.

Marcovgv

New in Town
HAHA i feel like i got a deal! its a little big on me. lets see what can be done about that. i might send it to optimo for a new ribbon. i like the one on the bottom left or possibly a light silver/grey
700_optimo11.jpg

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Great find!

I have a milan from them with that same ribbon. Graham is re-working it this week, as I've never been a fan of its current style.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran