Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My New Jacket

Jwag

One of the Regulars
After much debate, I have made the move to buy a good A-2 jacket. I bought a Lost Worlds size 34 horsehide jacket from their sales page, and it came today. One word...WOW! The thing fits perfect, and is very stiff. I have never experienced a leather quite like it. The leather is exremely thick. I will try to post pictures (if I can) later on.

TLS

New in Town
Jwag, after I saw your post, I scrambled to call Lost Worlds to see if they had any more in stock. I just received my 34R as well, same jacket as you. Amazing quality, nice and warm. Fits me very nicely, how is the length of the jacket on yours? This horsehide is incredibly stiff. I am going to wear this baby as much as I can! Also, does yours squeak a lot? Anyone know if this will dissipate or go away? I must actually thank you, Jwag. Without you, I would've never thought to look at LW sales page. Hope you enjoy your jacket as much as I will.

They had a bunch of those for Japanese customers - small sized. Lucky guys - a real steal! And the LW HH takes a LONG time to break in. Good luck lol

Jwag

One of the Regulars
Jwag, after I saw your post, I scrambled to call Lost Worlds to see if they had any more in stock. I just received my 34R as well, same jacket as you. Amazing quality, nice and warm. Fits me very nicely, how is the length of the jacket on yours? This horsehide is incredibly stiff. I am going to wear this baby as much as I can! Also, does yours squeak a lot? Anyone know if this will dissipate or go away? I must actually thank you, Jwag. Without you, I would've never thought to look at LW sales page. Hope you enjoy your jacket as much as I will.

Good to know you like your's. The length is pretty good. The jacket comes down to just above the pockets on my jeans, which I like. The sleeves are just a bit long, but the cuffs don't tunnel into the sleeve much. I never owned any horsehide jackets before, but I believe the squeekyness will get more quiet as the leather gets broken in.

normanf

One of the Regulars
They had a bunch of those for Japanese customers - small sized. Lucky guys - a real steal! And the LW HH takes a LONG time to break in. Good luck lol

I'm small but my chest is average so the standard Japanese sizes don't work for me. I had to go four sizes up for my Spiewak N3B parka I have on the way from Japan. It should arrive here next week.

kojax

Practically Family
great news on the jacket. i take a size 38 when i bought my a-2 from real mccoy i bought a size 40 still a little tight but breaking in well. i had it over a year now the horsehide is still alittle stiff ...

Grayland

Call Me a Cab

The squeakiness goes away after a while. Great coats and incredible value at the sale price.

TLS

New in Town
Jwag, quick question for you. The stitching that connects the sleeve to the main body of the jacket seems to be up in my armpit and it is somewhat uncomfortable. How is your jacket in this regard? I do not have large arms or shoulders. I am maybe thinking that it is just due to the thick leather in that area regarding the stitching to connect the two pieces. Anyone familiar with LW A2s feel free to chime in. Will this go away after use or does this mean the jacket is too small in that area? Again, I am not a big guy and neither are my arms. I suppose I could get used to it, but would like to have my arms at my sides comfortable, not having the seam jammed in my armpit.

New jackets made of HH can be tough to break in. LW uses thick hides and from what I've seen, they're slim-fitting often. I think you either have to get through it, or attempt some of the expedited breakins using hot water/dryer like some (including me) have done.
But when it's done, it's yours and fits you perfectly - assuming it's not way off in size or a problem.

Jwag

One of the Regulars
The arm holes are a tight spot on my jacket too, but it doesn't bother me probably because i'm a slightly smaller build than you. BTW, I'm going to try to get pictures, but my camera needs charged up, and I can't find my charger lol.

TLS

New in Town
Thanks for the reply. I still think both of us got a great deal on a great jacket. That link you provided is a great one, thanks.

TLS

New in Town
Looks good. Mine is exactly the same. I finally figured out the armhole situation. The left arm is fine, but is much softer (more broken in), I don't know which. The right arm, the problem armhole, is still very stiff and has not become soft yet. I really love the grain these jackets have. I like your other A-2, but prefer the Russet color.

Giftmacher

One Too Many
Not A-2, but will do as well. Got it from my grandad today.

DSCN2192.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot