Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MyCustomTailor question

Jay

Practically Family
Does anyone own one of their "Hollywood drape" suits? What fabric would be appropriate for that of the 30's? And lastly, hows the quality?
Thanks, Jason

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
I would check out some of the posts on AskAndyaboutClothes.com before I ordered anything from them. Apparently there can be issues with fit and orders being followed although I think there are a number of people who are quite happy with their suits in the end.

Jay

Practically Family
Well. Thanks alot. I figured the fit wouldnt be perfect, so you can always go to a tailor and get the small problems fixed.

The Mad Hatter

A-List Customer
I'm not sure what a "Hollywood Drape" suit is. You can order fabric swatches from them, to see it directly.

I'd recommend your ordering a "classic" suit from them first - just to check them out without risking that much money. They have tweeds, corduroy, and linen in that line, which couldn't be that far off.

I have a three-piece classic linen suit from them that makes me look like a character from "Death on the Nile." I enjoy it. (I going to have to get an Optimo-blocked Panama from Panama Bob next year to go along with it. :) )It's less than a year old, but no problems so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21