Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NATURAL ARTLIGHTS

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks, guys. I really like the ribbon treatment a lot, and the felt is just fantastic.

Now we need to see mingoslim's and duggap's.

NewMexExpat

One of the Regulars
Been to the barber yet?

Absinthe_1900 said:
Tropicaire.jpg

after I get a haircut I'll take a picture in the daylight.

Can't wait to see more pictures of that gorgeous hat!

ideaguy

One Too Many
No fair, you mugs...those hats are too good to be true. And here I am spending all my time and $$ on motorcycle stuff. And I have to wear a really comfortable helmet, just to rub it in...with the chinstrap choking me, and the thing is too tight-like a
vise on my noggin at 80mph. Nah, my hat of the season is no "sportaire".

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Anticipation.... :eek:

I really really hate the title for this thread. I see it, and I have Neil Diamond stuck in my head for days. Turn on your heart light.... I'd rather have my kidneys shaved.

Feraud

Bartender
scotrace said:
Anticipation.... :eek:

I really really hate the title for this thread. I see it, and I have Neil Diamond stuck in my head for days. Turn on your heart light.... I'd rather have my kidneys shaved.
Forget the kidney shaving for now.. what is this anticipation you mention? Is it related to what you mentioned in the black hat thread? C'mon spill!

DOUGLAS

HMMMM? That sounds kind of interesting. A light weight homburg has definite possabilities.

DOUGLAS

It sounds fantastic BK. Please show and tell. I have really begun to enjoy the lighter hats recently and not only because it is warm.

Feraud

Bartender
Baron Kurtz said:
My lightweight (marked as such on the sweatband) 30s Dunn & Co homburg just arrived. An interesting beast. It's weird to have a homburg that doesn't feel like a Homburg, if you know what i mean . . . floppy brim. Odd.

bk
Is the crown as soft as the brim?

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
It arrived!

It fits perfectly!

It is as soft as any of the softest, best vintage felt I have ever seen!

Some time ago, I posted a scan from Hat Life (1941) and said I wanted a hat like it some day. Art didn't know it, but he provided that hat!

Pleased isn't the word. I'll get pics this weekend. :)

J.B.

Practically Family
Magnificent aren't they?!

scotrace said:
...It is as soft as any of the softest, best vintage felt I have ever seen!...

That was also my very first observation when I removed mine from the box!

I own/have owned gobs of vintage hats -- clear beavers, otters, nutrias, nice beaver blends, "glove" finishes -- you name it...

...but for all that -- the natural felt on the VS has a surface "luster" to it that is incredible!!

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
J.B. said:
Magnificent aren't they?!

That was also my very first observation when I removed mine from the box!

I own/have owned gobs of vintage hats -- clear beavers, otters, nutrias, nice beaver blends, "glove" finishes -- you name it...

...but for all that -- the natural felt on the VS has a surface "luster" to it that is incredible!!

Man-O-Man-O-Man! I really cannot wait for mine to be completed...I'm drooling over everyone else's here and I've still got probably at least a month to wait. :( :eusa_doh:

duggap

Banned
Scot, I am glad to see some of you ole pros thinking these hats are comparable to the old vintage. I haven't been able to obtain a vintage but I did get one of Art's Tropic Aires and as an amateur I was amazed at the felt, how light weight it was and how easy it was to bash. By the time the post office got through with my box the bash had come out of it so I had to do my own. And it is not that hot to wear in the summer. Yeah for Art.:eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24