Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NATURAL ARTLIGHTS

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Joel, I tried every shade of blue against this body and just didn't like the look. If it were just a shade lighter ( sand or mojave) I might have been good with it. That's what makes the world turn though...different strokes for different folks. To my eye it wasn't pleasing...I thought it could be better.

Gent's, those of you that haven't dealt with me, should know that I am not your typical hatter in that I won't build just anything the client wants me to build. I often won't take a commission on if I feel the client want's me to do something that I wouldn't want my name on. I don't do "pimp" hats, no "clown" hats, etc. I leave those up to others to make. I try very hard to keep within the boundries of what I consider good taste so if you are looking for a black hat with red ribbon & red binding, or blue with cream binding I might not take the order.

Hmm, just read this again Joel and don't want to imply the blue on this is bad taste. It just seems like a good opportunity to let the folks that haven't dealt with me know some of my boundries. I mean no offence Sir.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Art Fawcett said:
I don't do "pimp" hats, no "clown" hats, etc.
I don't know, some of these guys seem like clowns.

I'm very impressed by the hats, Art. You have a fantastic eye.

Wesne

One of the Regulars
Wow, that's a beautiful hat and looks absolutely fantastic on you Scott. Ever since I started reading these forums and seeing Art's work I've been dreaming about what kind of hat I would have him build for me at some indefinite point in the (I hope not too distant) future when I'm confident enough in my own style and tastes to make such an investment. The early versions of this hat came close to the image that was developing in my mind, but I just didn't care for the striped ribbon treatment - not for me, anyway. No offense to anyone, but I just didn't think it would be right for me. This one nails it though! I was wondering how the natural felt would look with a ribbon like this and now I know. Everything about that hat is just about perfect as far as I'm concerned.

duggap

Banned
Hey Art

You mentioned earlier that colors were coming in the new light weight felt. Are you ready to say what colors and when you may get them. It is the "panting dog" syndrum. :p

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
It is the "panting dog" syndrum

lol lol lol I'll have to remember that one Sir!!!
My felter is on vacation at the moment but will be back next week. He now has a standing order to "throw in a dozen " for me when he is dying felts so I will get them as he dyes the regular bodies. I have asked for black, granite, pecan, chocolate, dark moss to start with. As he gets more confident that the pastels will hold up in process I will have the full color range in those. We just need to get through this year to give me time to work on him.:D

duggap

Banned
Thanks Art. Looks like the timing is going to work out just about right. It will take me that long to re-inforce the wallet from the Natural tropic aire. But, man o man, I enjoy that hat. It even made my ex-wife start talking to me again. (I'll get you for that one, Art.;) )

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
An exciting Day for Me

Well, I have now joined the "ArtLights" club. Just when I thought I couldn't wait anymore, I got my beautiful new hat from Art just yesterday. Weighing in at just under 3 ounces, I never thought a hat could be so light!

Mine has a little shorter brim than most others here-2 1/4". Perfect width in my eyes.

Anyway, of course I had to post some pictures for all.

VS_side1.jpg

VS_side2.jpg

VS_ribbon.jpg

VS_crown_bash.jpg

VS_crown_pad.jpg

And finally:
Me_VS4.jpg

Thanks so much Art!

Achille

Familiar Face
CONGRATULATIONS Jonathan !!!!!:eusa_clap
Art Fawcett in autumn/winter and Robert Weber in summer that must be a description of paradise on earth:rolleyes: :rolleyes: .

J.M.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24