Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NATURAL ARTLIGHTS

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Tony, You will enjoy the process. The only thing that hurts is the wait. It is worth it though.;)

Tony in Tarzana

I'm a klutz, but I think I can keep my ears on. lol

Reading this thread has led me to the conclusion that I want Art to design the whole thing. I don't even want him to tell me anything about it, just send it when it's done. It'll be like Christmas and I know I'll like it.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Tony in Tarzana said:
So tell me, does that conformateur hurt at all? :eek:

The conformer is just fine. Course, I used a red sharpie on my head to make "dots" on where I placed the conformer--so until I washed my face again, I kept looking in the mirror and thinking that the conformer had made me bleed...:eusa_doh:

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Tony in Tarzana said:
I'm a klutz, but I think I can keep my ears on. lol

Reading this thread has led me to the conclusion that I want Art to design the whole thing. I don't even want him to tell me anything about it, just send it when it's done. It'll be like Christmas and I know I'll like it.

Yup, that's exactly my plan when I commision one, as well. :eusa_clap

Cheers,
Tom

AlanC

Tony in Tarzana said:
Reading this thread has led me to the conclusion that I want Art to design the whole thing. I don't even want him to tell me anything about it, just send it when it's done.
Don't let Art off the hook that easy! You need to bug him about the details for awhile, reject several possibilities, then give up and just let him do it. You get the same result, but more fun. lol

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Don't let Art off the hook that easy! You need to bug him about the details for awhile, reject several possibilities, then give up and just let him do it. You get the same result, but more fun.

:eusa_doh: :eusa_doh:

I think the price just went up for you Alan....:D

(heads back to the sandbag dreaming up ways to to get even..I know..fuschia!!)

AlanC

Art Fawcett said:
:eusa_doh: :eusa_doh:

I think the price just went up for you Alan....:D

(heads back to the sandbag dreaming up ways to to get even..I know..fuschia!!)

I should probably be careful when you've got one of my hats in your possession. Strike the above...:whistling

duggap

Banned
Tony in Tarzana, if you haven't held one of the Tropicaire hats by Art then you just can't really believe how light and soft it is. I got mine without a brim edge (I think Douglas did also) and the brim still looks great. I will be interested in hearing your remarks about the hat once it's in your hands. As to the conformer, just don't let anyone see you with it on, they may think you have just had a head transplantlol Pictures are required.:p

Tony in Tarzana

When I tried the conformer on in the mirror, all I could think of was "Eloi, Eloi, Lama sabachthani." ;)

I'll fine-tune it a bit, and send it back on Monday. Then the fun begins!

I've been thinking about an Art hat for a long time, but never could decide exactly what I wanted. After seeing his work displayed here, I realized that in addition to being a master craftsman, Art also has excellent taste, so I'll just leave it up to him.

I could say "Give me something with a lot of style and panache but keep it tasteful," but that's like going to a VW dealer in the 1960s and saying "I want a car that's rounded off, with the engine in the back, and make it air-cooled." lol

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thanks for the confidence Tony..but boy.. talk about adding pressure...

OH, please just put the tabs to your head. Dont try to adjust it for comfort, that's my job. If you do, there's a chance I'll get it too big.

EricH

One of the Regulars
More important, how many microns can fit on the head of a hat pin? Kidding aside the conformer is a great deal after all microns are different than yourcrons. :p :eusa_doh:

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
How many quarks in a micron ???

depends on how much you drink before measuring, silly man!!

if microns are different that yourcrons, what about theircrons Eric? aren't somecrons the same? or are allcrons different?

( definitely needs to get out of the hat shop)

carter

I'll Lock Up
How many quarks in a micron ???

depends on how much you drink before measuring, silly man!!

if microns are different that yourcrons, what about theircrons Eric? aren't somecrons the same? or are allcrons different?

Art, I've been on vacation for less than 24 hours and someone left the kickapoo joy juice out at the hattery. When you open the box with my hats in it, just close it up and get some rest. As you know, a single man with no help can do terrible things with a conformer. BTW, VAcrons are way cooler than TXcrons this August. Carter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot