Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Navy 55J14 jacket

Won a prince of a 55j14 from ebay 224.00.Did not have makers label when I received the piece,called John Chapman at Goodwear and described it to him.In 2 minutes John had it tagged! Foster 55j14.PS a Monarch sold for 610.00 a few days after I got the Foster.John said that the Foster`s were just as good as Monarch`s.Monarch`s seem to be "Rarer" hate that! Thanks John, you are the man.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I had a mint 55j14

It was a Pritzker and still had the tailors cut marks in it. Just hadn't been used. I wish I'd kept it (how many of us are haunted by things we've got rid of that seemed right 'at the time' [huh] ).
But sounds like you are a happy man with you new jacket!!

Yes, the G-1 is a nice jacket. I was never too sold on the longer body though, as I like the shorter body (torso) of the A-2.

But my main confession is: I REALLY love the A-1 [huh]

Post some pics when you can, as the boys always appreciate that!;) And WELCOME to the Lounge!! :eusa_clap

Mark P

Familiar Face
The G1 is a more sophisticated design in my opinion (I've owned a couple) - the bi swing back plus the extra gussets under the arms give amazing unrestricted movement. The big inside map pocket is really handy too. I think it all depends whether you get on with the fur collar look. I guess the A2 has more of a Hollywood war film presence which may explain its greater popularity.

Hawk_Eye

One of the Regulars
I was never into the G-1 too much to begin with but now I'm hooked on it. I just bought a 1969 Star Sportswear with a gorgeous mouton collar for 125.00.
Should arrive any day now. These few pics have been tiding me over until it arrives.
d983_1.jpg

da77_1.jpg

da28_1.jpg

Stiv

New in Town
I have a jacket and I have a question

Hi fellas, I'm new in town. In fact I joined this forum to seek out some info. I have read many articles about A2's and it seems that they were re-issued in 1987. Recently I acquired a G-1 from the estate of a former Navy flier. It's manufactured by Cooper Sportswear and it has the number GAC 201-01-8101M on the label. What do I have here and does it have any value above the cost of the jacket?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925