Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero D-Pocket Ridley-Blackened Brown Vicenza

VestCoast

A-List Customer
Hi all,

I ordered this Aero D-Pocket Ridley off the Thurston Bros featured stock page a little less than a week ago and got it in the mail today. I was hoping to get some feedback on the fit/appearance. I am leaning towards keeping it, I'm really happy with the lighter weight leather and lining--it extends wear time significantly here in Texas.

This is my first experience with Vicenza leather and I have been intrigued by the blackened brown for some time. There seems to be very little information on its evolution/aging so if I keep this jacket I'll hope to update in this thread. I'm very happy with the measurements, the body and sleeve length are pretty much where I would have ordered them if I went custom. It's got a little more breathing room than my Sheene, both size 40, but it's most likely due to the leather. It's pretty snug across the shoulders, but I have more mobility than in the Sheene. I think this jacket will break in quite nicely, giving me a little more range of motion.

Jacket measurements (According to TB, haven't measured the jacket myself):
Back length--26 inches
Sleeve length--25.75 inches
Pit-to-pit--22 inches
Shoulder--19 inches
Waist/hem--19.5 inches

Personal Measurements:
5' 11"
180-185 depending on how big/tasty breakfast was

The work pants I am wearing in the photos have a generous rise, but it's representative of the jeans and pants that I wear normally. The belt I have on in the photos lies pretty much exactly underneath the jacket belt, which I think looks good but may introduce accelerated wear at the waistband lining. I tried to take photos with the jacket zipped/unzipped, cuffs open/closed, the collar button/unbuttoned, and in different light for comparison. Apologize for cell quality pics but thats the only option on hand.

Thanks for looking, and all feedback is appreciated!

RCWERGI.jpg

B8eyvK8.jpg

2avFrr2.jpg

FlJeEDW.jpg

eVwSxiS.jpg

l4IQTT0.jpg

cBXL1QB.jpg

Lebowski

This guy has numerous complaints from sellers.
Hi all,

I ordered this Aero D-Pocket Ridley off the Thurston Bros featured stock page a little less than a week ago and got it in the mail today. I was hoping to get some feedback on the fit/appearance. I am leaning towards keeping it, I'm really happy with the lighter weight leather and lining--it extends wear time significantly here in Texas.

This is my first experience with Vicenza leather and I have been intrigued by the blackened brown for some time. There seems to be very little information on its evolution/aging so if I keep this jacket I'll hope to update in this thread. I'm very happy with the measurements, the body and sleeve length are pretty much where I would have ordered them if I went custom. It's got a little more breathing room than my Sheene, both size 40, but it's most likely due to the leather. It's pretty snug across the shoulders, but I have more mobility than in the Sheene. I think this jacket will break in quite nicely, giving me a little more range of motion.

Jacket measurements (According to TB, haven't measured the jacket myself):
Back length--26 inches
Sleeve length--25.75 inches
Pit-to-pit--22 inches
Shoulder--19 inches
Waist/hem--19.5 inches

Personal Measurements:
5' 11"
180-185 depending on how big/tasty breakfast was

The work pants I am wearing in the photos have a generous rise, but it's representative of the jeans and pants that I wear normally. The belt I have on in the photos lies pretty much exactly underneath the jacket belt, which I think looks good but may introduce accelerated wear at the waistband lining. I tried to take photos with the jacket zipped/unzipped, cuffs open/closed, the collar button/unbuttoned, and in different light for comparison. Apologize for cell quality pics but thats the only option on hand.

Thanks for looking, and all feedback is appreciated!

RCWERGI.jpg

B8eyvK8.jpg

2avFrr2.jpg

FlJeEDW.jpg

eVwSxiS.jpg

l4IQTT0.jpg

cBXL1QB.jpg
Superb jacket!

VestCoast

A-List Customer
Can’t be improved upon. Put a fork in your d pocket quest. You’re done!
IH wip cord trousers? I like those too.

Thanks! Have been admiring D-pockets from a distance for far too long, really happy to be able to put one on. The pants are indeed IH whipcord work pants, got lucky and found a pair pre-hemmed on the IH outlet in my size. I'm usually more of a jeans guy but these have really been growing on me.

VestCoast

A-List Customer
Thanks for the feedback everyone! I've been wearing the jacket all evening and I really like it. Even if I went full custom there isn't much I would want to change. I was a little iffy on the OD stitching, but I think I'm warming up to it. It looks good with both black and brown, so it complements the teacore nature of this leather well.

It looks fantastic, but I’d take off the belt.

I think I will wear the jacket without the belt most of the time. I'm a fan of the belted look, but it's kind of a hassle, especially when the belt end is dangling around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB