Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero Grizzly Hair-on-Hide Jkt

DoubleXX

One of the Regulars
Just got my size 46 Aero Grizzly horsehide jacket today...ordered it in November. I'm wondering about the sleeve length...I requested 25" sleeves and they're actually almost 26". I think they're a bit too long...what do you guys think? I've heard that the sleeve length may get a bit shorter over time as the jkt breaks in and creases form...is this true?
And what do you think about the front and back length?

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

Papa M

A-List Customer
Looks just about perfect. Personally I'd have had it 1" longer in the body - but it looks fine as it is on you.

I don't think the sleeves will ride up very much as it softens - but they are fine as they are. Any shorter and the whole jacket would start to look slightly small on you.

The collar looks a bit clumsy but that is because it is still very stiff - it'll be okay after some wear.

DoubleXX

One of the Regulars
"I don't think the sleeves will ride up very much as it softens - but they are fine as they are. Any shorter and the whole jacket would start to look slightly small on you."
-Well, that's two votes for OK. My wife also thinks they're OK. Hmm...is it only me that thinks they're too long?

"The collar looks a bit clumsy but that is because it is still very stiff - it'll be okay after some wear."

-Yeah, it's not lying flat and looks unbalanced, but I guess that's to be expected after sitting in a box for a couple of weeks while being shipped overseas and then to Canada. I'm going to try to work the leather a bit and soften it up.
As an aside, it's hard to see in the pic but I asked for a throat latch to be put on the jacket...

Thanks for your input.

Anyone else?

Gancho

One of the Regulars
Yeah!!

Also for me it looks perfect. I'm dreaming of a Palomino hair on hair jacket for a long time. My girlfriend says that it is too much. Your pictures shows me that it is nonsens. The Grizly is a dynamite jacket.

Enjoy it in good health

olli

JanSolo

Practically Family
The sleeve length is absolutely fine!!! The cuffs should always reach down to your hand and NOT stop at the wrist. Apart from that the jacket is gorgeous. You can shape the collar easily with a damp towel if desired.

Gancho

One of the Regulars
The lenght of the sleeves is ok! When i got my new A2 i was thinking that the sleeves are too long, no i think the sleeves of my other jackets are to short! Papa- M is right: this short jackets can look too small when the sleeves are short.

Olli

Papa M

A-List Customer
Gancho said:
I'm dreaming of a Palomino hair on hair jacket for a long time. My girlfriend says that it is too much.

I think that it tends to look a bit "Rodeo Rider" camp. It is not the sort of jacket that everyone can pull off.

mattfink

Practically Family
I think the sleeves are fine and the length is perfect. It's touching tops of your front pockets. Any longer and it would look silly. If it looks short to some, it's probably because you are a stocky fellow and it makes the proportion a little square overall. I think over time the jacket will stretch and hang better after it breaks in. Killer jacket Pat!

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Wow thats a really cool jacket!

I also think the sleeves looks good.
The arms will get creases when bending up and when you then take your hand
down the jacket wont become totally flat again and thats why the
sleves will feel shorter after break-in so you will feel alright once this happens.

Kid Mac

Practically Family
What a great jacket. I also think the fit looks very good. The right body length for that style jacket. Sleeve length is spot on, imho. Be careful during bear season.;)

Windward

Practically Family
Sleeve lenght is simply PERFECT

GriffDeLaGriff said:
Wow thats a really cool jacket!

I also think the sleeves looks good.
The arms will get creases when bending up and when you then take your hand
down the jacket wont become totally flat again and thats why the
sleves will feel shorter after break-in so you will feel alright once this happens.

I totally agree with GriffDeLaGriff - this is the best sleeve lenght you can get to end up later with the perfect look after this beauty is wearing in. Congrats!!
Windward

Ace Rimmer

One of the Regulars
Sleeves look great to me. I like my sleeves slightly on the longer side; if you ride a motorcycle your sleeves should be a touch longer anyway as your arms will be up most of the time.

apba1166

A-List Customer
Sleeves--whole jacket--fine. (And wonderful). You want the sleeves there so when you bend your arm they dont ride up over your shirt cuffs, and there will be creasing, etc. May feel funny to you around the hand but looks just right.

Windward

Practically Family
Tell us: How do you feel ...

Hey DoubleXX are you now relaxed regarding your lenght (I mean your jacket/sleeves lenght) How do you feel after such a lot of confirmations and compliments - if I were you - or James Brown - I would scream: I FEEL GOOD!!!!! ... dedeladeladela .... like sugar and spice ....

DoubleXX

One of the Regulars
Windward said:
Hey DoubleXX are you now relaxed regarding your lenght (I mean your jacket/sleeves lenght) How do you feel after such a lot of confirmations and compliments - if I were you - or James Brown - I would scream: I FEEL GOOD!!!!! ... dedeladeladela .... like sugar and spice ....

LOL! Yes, indeed...I appreciate everyone's feedback and will sleep much better tonight!

Thanks again!

-Pat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy