Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero Irvin Pre-war - I love it!

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
So I sent back the s40 and got a s42 with a little more in length.

It looks kinda long as some pointed out it might, but its actually only 1.3" longer. I didnt notice this until I took the photos since I only have to slide it very slightly upwards to show the belt, I do think its the perfect length and the belt will not show even if it will ride up some over time.

Notice that the shoulder seems are better fitted on this one even tho its a size up. Im very happy.

2_zps20db6725.jpg

This one is almost true color.
4_zps296f6ba2.jpg

Notice when I fiddle with the belt and the jacket rides up ever so slightly that it isnt that long.
5_zpsd4529b80.jpg

To me the jacket is a work of art, it is so delicious!

Detail pics:

6_zps6a953995.jpg

7_zps3ab4d817.jpg

8_zps4f32b61e.jpg

9_zpsc054eb04.jpg

10_zps3974c33c.jpg

11_zps344e38f9.jpg

12_zpsbc504d8a.jpg

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
I forgot to mention the armlength.

They came out exactly as I wanted. Where I live we get -25c winters (-13F) and its not funny to go to work in the morning in a cold car, driving and exposing the wrists, or getting snow on your wrists while playing with the kids.

They will ride up some, but its gonna be perfect.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
You'll get a lot of use out of that in Norway Griff.

I bought an ELC Irvin back in 2007 when we were last living in Norway, in Trondheim and I literally lived in the thing over winter.

Fit looks absolutely bang-on, and those new Aero Irvins are so much better than the old ones.

No wonder you're chuffed with it!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Looks fantastic! I think you'll benefit for the slightly roomier fit in terms of warmth as well (not least, allowing you to wear a jumper underneath). I'm with you on the sleeves thing as well, that extra length means you'll have a pair wool mittens available at any given moment!

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Thanks all.

The wool is thinner on the new ones. At first I felt it was uncool, but I have gotten over it now and only see benefits. It is alot less bulky and easier to both handle and fit right. As I said, I think it even fits better in the shoulders now, but It will also extend the period when I can use it, and in the really cold weeks I will want a sweater where ever I come to and take off the jacket anyways, like a cafe or a friends house or work.

It is sooo beautiful, the photos does not do it justice omg its amazing! i cant wait for winter :D

I terms of putting it together, it is one of, if not even the best Aero jacket I have seen, so even tho Aero have had people leaving them and a ltitle stir up, both customer handling and the work they do is better then ever!

I asked for it to be 26.5" long since the last one was 25" and it sat right at the top of my belt so I would need an inch and a bit. The jacket came out at 26.3" so its perfect!

Plumbline

One Too Many
Looks great .. and a great fit.

Really nice repro ..... and really well put together.

Wear it well :D

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Looks fantastic. Much better for you to wear the Irvin in Norway than for me in Texas, although we are at the end of the first week in July and still haven't reached 100 degrees as yet.

thor

One Too Many
Ah, perfection! I could've used one of these this past winter here in the US Northeast (brutal!). Wear it in good health :)

alsendk

A-List Customer
Greetings from Beijing Griff, and congratulations with your fine new Irvin. Here it is around 36 degrees c....so I can wait wearing mine ;O)

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Its summer here too and we are having very hot weather when its not cloudy and humid. We found a beach! not long from home (only ben living here for a year) and we are using it alot this summer.

I got the first used Irvin from the salespage and since I couldnt get a new one right away I just let the process of exchanging for a new go on, instead of calculating so it would be here for winter. This time Im all prepared for the cold! I can also try and sell the bad copy B3 I have been using all the years I couldnt afford the real thing! :)

B-24J

One of the Regulars
Congratulations Griff!

Looks like a great fit.

Aero has really improved their Irvin line.

Beautiful grain and color.

John

wild_balls

Practically Family
That is one great jacket, Congratulations! Just came back from some salmon fishing in a Trondheim river! With the temperatures you got now , you can leave it in the closet for A while!

Cheers Joakim

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Hehe I was out today to see if the Makrell had come yet, but I got nothing. Gonna try another spot in a few days...it is warm, it should be here.

Ken: Its not chewing tobacco its snuff. Nowdays I just use General because they have it everywhere.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_snus

Since I was a chef I got used to the portion-bags since they are less messy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21