Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Alexanders Halfbelt

Swoosed

One of the Regulars
thinkin about picking one of these up.

arkansas_zps942c8a31.jpg

arkansas_3_zpsbedc751d.jpg

looks f'ing nice to me. just might give them a go.

Plumbline

One Too Many
I asked about this .... and loved the double V yoke and the button cuffs .... sort of Aero Cossack-ish but not quite. The sizing showed it to be quite neat though ( going by the measurements I'd have needed a 46" with shortened arms) which is Eastman and Aero M422a territory. Might suit you " wartime fit" boys better than me .. who's more of a "fits properly" sort of guy :) :) :) :) :)

They are great looking though .... can't wait till my two newbies arrive ... get in quick while they're cheap-ish and fast on delivery ( I did) :)

NOTE : this isn't an advert .. a commercial ...... or subliminal marketing ... or anything else ....... other than a comment from someone who has actually spoken to Alexanders and inquired about the sizing of the various jackets ... which Amanda was happy to measure up for me .... and actually bought one ( with two more on order) !

pauleway

Practically Family
I asked about this .... and loved the double V yoke and the button cuffs .... sort of Aero Cossack-ish but not quite. The sizing showed it to be quite neat though ( going by the measurements I'd have needed a 46" with shortened arms) which is Eastman and Aero M422a territory. Might suit you " wartime fit" boys better than me .. who's more of a "fits properly" sort of guy :) :) :) :) :)

They are great looking though .... can't wait till my two newbies arrive ... get in quick while they're cheap-ish and fast on delivery ( I did) :)

NOTE : this isn't an advert .. a commercial ...... or subliminal marketing ... or anything else ....... other than a comment from someone who has actually spoken to Alexanders and inquired about the sizing of the various jackets ... which Amanda was happy to measure up for me .... and actually bought one ( with two more on order) !

That's not Cossack-ish, that looks like a almost exact copy of a Aero 30's HB/Slimfit!

Lungomare

A-List Customer
That's not Cossack-ish, that looks like a almost exact copy of a Aero 30's HB/Slimfit!

So it is ...

Consequently get the original from a really reliable manufacturer that sells what is written on its label. I always would only buy an Aero ...

Regards,

Johannes

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
If you view Aero's website and compare pictures, I believe you will find this jacket is virtually an exact copy of Aero's 30's Halfbelt design. "Imitation is the greatest form of flattery!" ;)

Swoosed

One of the Regulars
So it is ...

Consequently get the original from a really reliable manufacturer that sells what is written on its label. I always would only buy an Aero ...

Regards,

Johannes

sorry you got burned man but the price difference for me is substantial, and i like amandas service. i dont have to wait 2 weeks to get a reply to my emails, just sayin.

Swoosed

One of the Regulars
When I first heard about Alexander's, I asked myself, "Who the hell's going to buy anything from these people?" Now I know. I always seem to forget that, in the modern world, ethics be damned if a dollar's involved.

yup. thats what it all about. i'm an american capitalist pig and i want my monies worth. interesting to see that the same folks are producing the same product for far less "pounds" than the "established norm" in the same coumtry. makes one think about it all, i know i do think, possibly others dont, really dont care. thats not why i started this post. as i said NUMEROUS TIMES i dont give a fiddlers **** who emerges the victor from the horsehide wars. i have several AERO jackets, made by the criminals, and they are fine. all you newbee aholes need to get your heads flushed. that is all.

Swoosed

One of the Regulars
seems to me the only "pont" you have is....well nevermind FNG, you'll never need any of these jackets in miami anyway so go try a boat forum

Why do I have the strong feeling that this thread is really a 'setup' with a slight snarky attitude(getting worse) to help fire-up and continue the argument of another 'Alexander' thread that was most recently locked down? A 'come on..try and take a swing' type of atmosphere leading exactly to the same place. If 'Alexander leathers' is used in this manner..it can then only breed bitterness to many every time some see that name in a topic on the FL. The back and forth has come to the point of ridiculousness. Some of us are far from 'newbies' and would appreciate adult responses overlooking the fishing posts and the bait. Otherwise..it quickly gets to the point again..that few really care what you think.
HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Frum