1. Thread galleries are live! Please let us know what you think of them in the thread in the Observation Bar.

New aquisition - Eastman ELMC in "Havana" brown

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by westportrich, Feb 18, 2019.

1. westportrich

westportrich New in Town

I just received my new Eastman ELMC Californian in "Havana" brown. Posted a pic here (sorry it's sideways...I'm technically challenged). Man, I love this jacket...It fits me well and it's very wearable. I own a couple of Aero's and I love them, but they can be work to get on/off and are heavy, thick etc. Don't get me wrong, I love the Aero's but there's something about this new Eastman that really makes me smile. The weight is perfect, it's substantial, not too light but lighter than the Aero's and slips on and off very nicely. Superb (let me say that again SUPERB quality). The jacket has a true luxury feel too it...When I wear it I feel great! I was a little on the fence about the Havana color...but I gotta tell ya, it's beautiful and very rich looking. I've received lot's of looks and compliments in the few times I've worn it. Importantly (and those of you who are on this forum can appreciate...Most of these high end leather jacket are great, but you can always find something about them that is less than fully satisfying)...That is not the case on this baby...I love everything about it...Really impressed beyond expectation!

Attached Files:

TREEMAN, Guppy, Maitiu and 14 others like this.
  2. El Marro

El Marro One Too Many

Congratulations man!
    Looks like a good fit and I love the color. I own two Eastman jackets myself and would agree with everything you said regarding Precision and quality of construction.

3. Dphillip

Dphillip New in Town

Looks fantastic!

I think more pictures are in order.

4. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Really beautiful color! Fit looks good from what I can tell. I’ve been on the fence about a lighter weight jacket for early fall and spring. This guy or something from Norshor is what I’m thinking. What’s the liner like? I’ll second the more pics request!

5. Robbie79

Robbie79 One of the Regulars

Congrats for this nice looking jacket!! The fit is spot on from what I can see on your pic.

6. westportrich

westportrich New in Town

Interesting you should mention Norshor...I have one on the way. Regarding the liner...Sort of a silky solid greenish goldish fabric that doesn't add weight or thickness. Also (as mentioned) it allows the jacket to slip on/off easily. Trust me on this Eastman...I really love it!!

7. Mich486

Mich486 A-List Customer

This jacket is on my radar as well. It’s quite nice. Just a bit unsure about going with Havana or walnut brown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. westportrich

westportrich New in Town

Yeah I like that Walnut as well, but I have other jackets in sort of that color...I took a gamble on the Havana, but I must say I'm glad I did. It's got a richness about it (perhaps more so than the more utilitarian darker color)...But ya can't go wrong on this one. They have it in Black as well for the badass look!

9. ProteinNerd

ProteinNerd My Mail is Forwarded Here

I've very quickly become an Eastman addict, 1 led to 2 led which led to 5 lol.

I have the Californian both in Walnut and Black and agree completely, its a great lighter weight jacket and the sateen lining is so smooth it moves and flows on the body so much more than jackets lined with wool, it really does feel luxurious to wear.

I really like the Havana but don't think the lighter colour would look good on me. @Fonzie has the Havana Californian and it looks great on him as well.

The only downside is the lack of customisation apart from a Long size BUT if they fit you, oh brother, you won't look back!

Fonzie likes this.
  10. westportrich

westportrich New in Town

What do you about the color looking good on you...What is your take on this? I'm curious as I often hear this concept? Would be interested to hear what you think? I think the Havana looks good on me...but I like to think the others would as well...but what do I know haha

11. Fanch

Fanch I'll Lock Up

sweetfights and HoosierDaddy like this.
  12. westportrich

westportrich New in Town

Fanch likes this.
  13. I really like the color and from what I can tell it looks like a good fit.

Fanch likes this.
  14. ProteinNerd

ProteinNerd My Mail is Forwarded Here

I have REALLY fair skin and light skin tone colours on jackets and shirts etc just don’t look good on me.

15. westportrich

westportrich New in Town

Understood

16. Maitiu

Maitiu New in Town

Must see more pics! From what I can tell, I think I love the color.

ton312 likes this.
  17. westportrich

westportrich New in Town

the color is the same as the saddle bags on that sweet bike?

Maitiu likes this.
  18. ai00344

ai00344 One of the Regulars

Big fan of these jackets, can I ask how tall you are and if you went for the long or regular version?

19. westportrich

westportrich New in Town

I'm 6 foot even and weigh 185. Mine is the REGULAR. Mofo fits me like a dream! I'm always fearful of longs as they tend to have a gorilla arms sleeves which I don't care for.

ai00344 and ProteinNerd like this.
  20. Hey westportrich..got a fit pic..??

TREEMAN likes this.