1. Thread galleries are live! Please let us know what you think of them in the thread in the Observation Bar.

New Hooch Hauler Jacket Arrived in NZ

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by welltailoredsuit, Oct 22, 2018.

1. welltailoredsuit

welltailoredsuit New in Town

Hey all,

I posted back in June/July about the prospect of getting a jacket from Aero Leather. I'm not a biker or in any way associated with that scene but I wanted a high quality leather jacket... so I stayed well away from the actual motorcycle jackets on offer.

I went ahead with an order of a size 38 Italian Horse hide Vicenza Hooch Hauler in Black. And three months later, it's finally here in New Zealand. I have to say, it's quite the jacket -- I'm very pleased with it. It's a perfect fit.

Generally pleased with Aero leather. They quickly answered my many emails about my concerns that the sleeve length would be too long. I went with the standard 25" back and sleeve length and they got the fit bang on. It is a very stiff garment, so I hope that changes into something a bit softer :)

The downside was importing into NZ. This has nothing to do with Aero Leather of course. Just for any other NZers here, get ready for a big bill. I had to pay import duty, tax and many handling fees. DHL even charged me $12 just to pay all the other fees!

I can highly recommend Aero Leather. It always seems a bit of a risk to order such a garment off the internet but Aero made it easy and fairly risk free. I'm interested in their line of knitwear as well. Though that will likely wait a few months since we're heading into summer here in NZ...

Lukasz69 and sweetfights like this.
  2. Bigbenbs

Bigbenbs One of the Regulars

Let's see some pictures!

3. Salatape

Salatape New in Town

I hear ya

4. Lit Up

Lit Up Familiar Face

Bartender Edit: Please be reminded that discussion of contemporary politics is strictly forbidden on The Fedora Lounge.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2018
  5. No photos..?? Really..??

6. Colin G

Colin G One of the Regulars

[​IMG]

TheMarriedHermit and Alz like this.
  7. welltailoredsuit

8. welltailoredsuit

Here it is!

I was sized for wearing a T-shirt and in the pic I'm wearing a very bulky hoodie. Still fits great.

Having worn the jacket a few times now, I prefer having the collar raised, rather than lowered as shown in the pic.

sweetfights likes this.
  9. barnabus

barnabus A-List Customer

Looks really good!

welltailoredsuit likes this.
  10. welltailoredsuit

I bought a pair of boots to match:

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_141ad.jpg

11. Edward

Edward Bartender

Jacket looks great; it's amazing how radically different it looks from my Bootlegger, which is cordovan. (This makes me consider that a second one in another colour might be a good idea..... mwahahahahaha)

What are the boots? They look like a great daily wearer that can be dressed up or down with ease.

sweetfights and dannyk like this.
  12. willyto

willyto Practically Family

It fits you really great!

13. welltailoredsuit

The boots are a paratrooper style boot handmade in Italy. I ordered them through the store that usually makes my suits.

Edward and ProteinNerd like this.
  14. sweetfights

sweetfights One Too Many

Great jacket/fit.
    The boots are a win too. Splendid ensemble!