Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Jacket

53Effie

A-List Customer
Hello everyone. I received my new Langlitz Cascade this week and thought I would try to post a few pictures...Hopefully, I did it right. This jacket is goatskin with several options including elbow pads, chest pocket, watch pocket, and pin stripes on the back. I'm very pleased with the way it turned out and it is really a nice jacket for riding.

dad007.jpg

dad005.jpg

cas2011-05-10193937-1.jpg

Last edited:

garzo

One of the Regulars
The jacket looks fantastic. I've always wanted a Langlitz and actually bought a used one last year from ebay but unfortunately did not fit and had to re-sell it. How does it compare to the Vanson? I imagine the goatskin is probably much lighter and more comfortable?

53Effie

A-List Customer
Hi Garzo. Thanks for the nice comment. Actually, the goatskin is pretty substantial. It is almost as thick as the Vanson that I bought new last Fall, but does feel a bit lighter and it is very comfortable. The goatskin is much more pliable and is already starting to show some nice grain in places where it bends regularly. The wait time was only five weeks too.

53Effie

A-List Customer
Thanks HD. I think it fits really well. It's what they term a medium fit, which allows for a little layering...but not too loose without, either. It's quite comfortable and you are right; it is definitely a good riding jacket.

53Effie

A-List Customer
Joel Shapiro. Thank you. Very nice jacket you have on order. You are going to like it I'll bet. By the way, mine is dark brown as well. I failed to mention that before and it's hard to tell actual color from my pictures. What is the projected delivery time on yours?

D

Deleted member 16736

Joel Shapiro. Thank you. Very nice jacket you have on order. You are going to like it I'll bet. By the way, mine is dark brown as well. I failed to mention that before and it's hard to tell actual color from my pictures. What is the projected delivery time on yours?

Thanks. Langlitz has some great goatskin. I ordered last week and was quoted 2 months. I'm saving up for the Grand Daddy of Them All... the '47 Black Horsehide Columbia. When I get that jacket, I'll stop collecting.

D

Deleted member 16736

By the way, does your jacket stay cool enough? I ordered mine in goat to use it as a summer jacket.

53Effie

A-List Customer
It really hasn't been too warm yet this year, but it seems fine with a tee shirt or long sleeve tee under it so far. Opening the zipper a bit allows for some air circulation while riding.

D

Deleted member 16736

It really hasn't been too warm yet this year, but it seems fine with a tee shirt or long sleeve tee under it so far. Opening the zipper a bit allows for some air circulation while riding.

Thanks. Is the lining itchy? I got it with the cotton-rayon on the suggestion of another Lounger.

53Effie

A-List Customer
The lining is comfortable. The jacket slips on and off easily over anything I have worn under it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW