Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

Zastrozzi

New in Town
Good day...

Morning all (or indeed afternoon, evening or night, depending on your geographical or emotional time zone...)

Living in the UK, and I've finally reached the age (and/or the maturity) where I can indulge the passion I've had all my life for the styles of the '20s to the '50s.

I also have an understanding wife, who's also increasingly in agreement with me on this, which helps, to put it mildly. It's an ideal time to be raising this with her, as I can get her to watch 'It's a Wonderful Life' and claim it's just a seasonal thing.

Blame Noel Coward. He was the one who started me on all this, many many years ago. Anyway, glad to be here, and enjoying it already.

Lola Getz

One of the Regulars
Hello all,
I'm quite new here and woefully lacking an avatar.
I'm a California gal, a student and housewife, who has been in love with anything Lauren Bacall/Cary Grant/Doris Day related since I was a kid.
My family and I just bought a house built in 1929 and I'm enjoying my tin doorknobs and skeleton keys. I am not enjoying the drafty singlepane windows, but they are so authentic I can't bear the thought of ripping them out!
I'm thrilled to have found this place and enjoy wading through the hundreds of posts regarding the perfect red lipstick. lol

HoneyBee

New in Town
I posted an introduction in the Powder Room "new ladies" thread but thought I should post one here as well - so, hello to everyone!! I love anything vintage and this forum has been an amazing resource. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of it!

megagene

New in Town
Hey everyone. My name is Gene. I'm 31 and I live in Toronto, Ontario. I've been quietly lurking in the shadows here for several months now and just recently decided to finally join. I collect all sorts of hats (everything from tuques to trucker hats) but fedoras hold a special place in my heart just because growing up I remember my grandfather always wearing one whenever he went out. Everyone here seems really nice and I'm looking forward to meeting you cool cats and making new friends. :)

Last_Chael

One of the Regulars
Hello all! My name is Abi, I'm from Brisbane, Australia. I was introduced to this forum by Kitty_M, who I'm in the Australian Costumer's Guild with.

I've always loved 50's clothing, and I've recently also fallen in love with 30's and 40's. I've got a couple of 50's outfits, including a dress that I made, but I have plans to make a whole wardrobe full of 40's and 50's clothing!

I just love the beautiful clothing of the era! The beautiful tailoring is so flattering for all figures, and helps show of our gorgeous curves - without having to show skin! I also find that the clothing really suits me and I feel beautifully feminine when I wear it! I figured why not feel beautiful and feminine ALL the time! :D

Really loving reading through the forums, and looking forward to contributing! :D

Aurora

One of the Regulars
Hello All
Another newbie here! I'm Aurora, 21, UK. I collect (hoard!) anything from the 1920's to the 1950's, with most of my clothing being from the 1940's.
I try to make at least one new outfit a month (knitting & sewing).
I'm addicted to eBay, and also love car-boot sales, jumble sales and charity shops.
I think that's about it, and I look forward to meeting you all very soon :)

Aurora xx

oh THAT girl

New in Town
Consider me ripping off my lurker loungewear and putting on my posting party pumps!

I'm Ellie, 20, from Canterbury but now live in Cardiff with my fiance and 15 week old son. I've always loved old musicals, and from there old films. Vintage fashion suits my hourglass figure better than today's so I love that too! :)

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Sassman said:
I'm new here and I've been spending a lot of time pouring over old posts for items of interest. One thing I can't seem to locate is anything about men's shoes. I found one thread about sneaker repros in accessories, but I thought there would be more. Can someone put me on the beam?

Great avatar, Sassman! Great camera, too. I'd like to see a larger picture of it, as I may have one just like it - minus the flash, unfortunately.

Lee

Welcome to the Fedora Lounge, everyone. :)

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
FLFedora1224 said:
Hi all, I'm new here. I found the forum while searching for "Vintage Christmas", and I am psyched to see all the great threads here about everything!
You're also the seven thousandth member, so an extra-special welcome to you!

That said, it's nice to see so many others coming forward and making themselves known. We're glad to welcome you all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda