Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

wecrosscreek

New in Town
Hello...

Hello all...

Thought I'd pop in and introduce myself. My real name is Mike. I found this little slice of vintage heaven doing a few searches on the Maltese Falcon. And I am really glad I did! :) Been lurking for a few days and doing searches like a mad man. I guess the best may to give you an idea about me is by my searches here on "FL". Adventure clothes, Fedoras, vintage ties, barbershops, vintage guns, holsters, suspenders, to name a few. I just can't believe the amount of information in one place. It's a bit overwhelming, but from what I have read everyone seems generally helpful and nice. :)

My ten year old son has my grandfather's bedroom furniture. I found a date on the back marked 1913. I also have 3 vintage Barber chairs. A Porcelain Koken, and two Belmonts. I still remember playing on them as a kid in my Dad's Barber shop. These are late 50's early 60's. I also have some vintage Barber tools. I will try and take pictures of some of this stuff and post them for you to peep at.

I also have a WWII wool trench coat I found in a dump when I was 15. It was nasty! I cut the buttons off and took it to the dry cleaners, the guy made no promises it wouldn't fall apart and reminded me I would still have to pay for the cleaning! But it came out great! Beautiful in fact. Just wish I hadn't lost the outside buttons! (Remember I was 15!) I still wear it around outside, but I would like to find the correct buttons to put back on. (It weighs a ton! :) )

Anyway... look forward to learning more from you guys (Gals implied but not stated.).
-Wecrosscreek

Luigi Vampa

New in Town
[QUOTE="Doc" Devereux]Crikey, so many new people. A very warm welcome to each and every one of you![/QUOTE]

Thank you very much! It's good to feel so welcome.

Wallace

New in Town
Where to search?

I know being near Hollywood one would expect to find all the finery needed. yet I have little luck finding the period I'm interested in (late 40's early 50's).
Or maybe the late early 40's around the...... Oh I don't know!

CdnDandy

Familiar Face
Hello to all

I can't believe I haven't found this site before now!

Hello to you all from Airdrie, Alberta, Canada! I'm having a wonderful time reading through the posts here, and I look forward to many a spirited conversation with all of you!

I must say, I'm tremendously jealous of your collections! I'm just beginning to amass my "new" wardrobe - something I've been dreaming of for years but have never been able to afford until now! So far, I have my pocket watch - a gift from my wife that will surely become an heirloom in it's own time; my fedora (a gift from my father-in-law); and some lovely silver cuff links engraved with the date of my wedding.

What's missing? A few good suits, of course! I'll be pouring over that section for hints!

Cheers!

Chas

One Too Many
Introductions are in order

Hello, everyone.

I didn't see an introductions thread for new members, so I started this one.

I'm Charles - I think that I fit in here.

I live in Vancouver BC, Canada, but am probably going to relocate in the next couple of years. Divorced, no issue. I work as a Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse (18 yrs). I program a radio show (see the thread in radio), and dress almost exclusively in vintage clothing (30s-50s). I rent a 1920's Apt. that is furnished almost entirely 1930's. Apart from the TV, DVD, CD player and turntable (which has a 78 rpm needle) and of course, the PC, everything is vintage. Except for my La Crueset cookware.

I do drive a 2004 Honda, but looking for an old car presently. I have owned a 56 Roadmaster and a 59 Biscayne.

The "vintage" lifestyle is pretty much by choice and drift. Politically, I am a libertarian, and I vary from issue to issue. Neither right nor left. All over the map. That, and I am an atheist. I am also a lodge member.

Anyway, that's a thumbnail sketch of me. Will be pleased to get to know you all.

gordon

New in Town
Hello everyone.

I'm "New in Town" though I've lurked for a while. I've found plenty of good advice on the site and subscribe to Classic Style magazine. I'm relatively new to vintage style, however. My sensibilities tend to run classic, but with modern tailoring.

You can spot me in Brooklyn NYC - in the Carroll Gardens section. Love it there. I like to spend Wednesday nights at Telephone Bar. I'm also a member of The Montauk Club in Park Slope - a mighty fine place. If you're in my hood, drop by and say hello.

volatile

A-List Customer
Evenin' chaps and chapesses... I've been registered on here for a good few months, and have been lurking for a good while longer, but I took the plunge into actually posting today. I invested in some rather eccentric new suits (not typical FL-fare, but interesting nonetheless), so I thought I'd solicit the opinions and advice of those more dapper than I could ever hope to be!

I'm a scruffy oik who has recently discovered the joys of a well-fitting suit, taut pair of braces and a fantastic pair of shoes. My general style flirts with "1940s gas station attendant on a date", and I guess that sums me up a lot of the time - I tend to live in a flat cap, tatty newsboy or ragged Fedora paired with a less-than-perfectly-ironed shirt and an interesting suit. I prefer single breasted suits with brace buttons, and have a growing appreciation for ticket pockets...

snowslider

New in Town
it is nice to have a welcome topic.
I have been lurking a few days now.
I'm more and more interested in my first fedora...
I do want to start a topic soon regarding the topic of neo-fedora styles... is that possible??? there are companies associated with surfing/skateboarding/snowboarding who are now making newsboy hats, and fedoras...
I'd like to post some pics and get some opinions on them.
my favorite one i cannot find.. how typical eh?

I look forward to sharing and communicating when i have more online time.
until then i lurk. :)

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
volatile said:
Evenin' chaps and chapesses... I've been registered on here for a good few months, and have been lurking for a good while longer, but I took the plunge into actually posting today. I invested in some rather eccentric new suits (not typical FL-fare, but interesting nonetheless), so I thought I'd solicit the opinions and advice of those more dapper than I could ever hope to be!

I'm a scruffy oik who has recently discovered the joys of a well-fitting suit, taut pair of braces and a fantastic pair of shoes. My general style flirts with "1940s gas station attendant on a date", and I guess that sums me up a lot of the time - I tend to live in a flat cap, tatty newsboy or ragged Fedora paired with a less-than-perfectly-ironed shirt and an interesting suit. I prefer single breasted suits with brace buttons, and have a growing appreciation for ticket pockets...

I'd like to see you in those suits. ;)

jtcarrey

A-List Customer
Hello!

Hi I'm "Forgotten Man"s friend, and he told me to join so here I am, I'm 25 from Los Angeles, CA, and I'm totally interested in everything the 20's-40's has to offer!! I'm a newbie so suggestions and tips are totally welcome :)
-Juliette

BonnieJean

Practically Family
Welcome, jt and all the other new ladies. There's a wealth of information here and we're always glad to see a new face. If you don't find the answers you're looking for, someone will have one for you, I'm sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner