Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

Jovan

Suspended
It doesn't matter. I don't have a huge collection of vintage suits either, but I'm still active. Many other members are like that, too. We like to participate in the discussions and find what to look for, etc. I know a tonne more about proper fit -- vintage or not -- than I did when I first joined here.

diverguy

New in Town
Hidee-Ho

I've been lurking around these hallowed walls for a couple of weeks now and figured it was finally time to pop in...officially.

This has been a wonderful experience seeing all the posts and information about the past and it's very exciting to see that there is still a place where men are men and women are beautiful...dangerous, but beautiful!!

I look forward to heating up the forum with lively chats about movies, music, hats and of course, the femme fatales!!

Cheers from the Pacific Northwest!

diverguy

New in Town
Florida & South Dakota...and the great northwest. What a diverse bunch! Okay, so I'm originally from California but grew up in Kansas...there is that better? And to beat you to the quote...nope, we're not in Kansas anymore!!!

Macnamara

New in Town
Dropped by to say hi.

My wife is a member of these boards, and I thought I'd join in the fun aswell.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
diverguy said:
I've been lurking around these hallowed walls for a couple of weeks now and figured it was finally time to pop in...officially.

This has been a wonderful experience seeing all the posts and information about the past and it's very exciting to see that there is still a place where men are men and women are beautiful...dangerous, but beautiful!!

I look forward to heating up the forum with lively chats about movies, music, hats and of course, the femme fatales!!

Cheers from the Pacific Northwest!

Welcome to the Lounge, Diverguy.

I'm going to merge this thread into the New Ladies and Gents Step Forward thread, which is stuck at the top of the Observation Bar. Just wanted to let you know so you don't wonder where your thread went!

Cheers,

~Z

Flyer36

New in Town
I had totally forgot I signed up here last year and never made a post. I love vintage clothes, guns, cars, planes, movies, music and everything else. Sadly I dont own any vintage clothing right now, but I'm looking to change that. Its kind of hard to find things like that where I live. Originally I'm from northern IL, I now live in north west MN. I'm a HUGE fan of pinup art of the 30's, 40's and 50's. Most of my friends think I'm out of my mind as I dont look like the type of person to be interested in this stuff. I think I will be spending more time here. :)

Rob

carter

I'll Lock Up
Welcome to all you new folks! In some cases, welcome twice! :D

Thanks, Zohar, for merging the two threads. It'll be a lot simpler for new folks going forward. :)

Socrets, Welcome from a W&M Alumus ('66-'70).

HoneyBee

New in Town
Another newbie...

Hi everyone! Just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself - I'm Loryn, I live in L.A., and was introduced to this place via my boyfriend. I really love it so far, thank you for letting me be a part of it. ;)

I have been interested in vintage style for almost two decades now, mostly late 50s-early 60s though. I've always loved the look of earlier decades but never really became involved much in it myself, until I began dating my current boyfriend, who is involved in WWII reenacting. Now he's going to be taking me to his reenacting holiday dinners and etc, and I really want to dress well and do the 40s style right and already this site has been a fantastic help.

Anyway, that's about it for now! Thank you!!

Glimmung

New in Town
This board is a true treasure. My mom started buying hats for me (everything from beanies and mini fedoras to pith helmets and avaitor hats) in the late 60s (I was born in '66, so I guess it started in '69 or so). She also would dress me in cool outerwear such as pea coats and trenches (we lived in NYC at the time, and cool fashions for kids were easily found). I have dressed this way for most of my entire life - it is part of who I am and it gives me great comfort to dress as such.

I was lucky enough to find as my true soulmate a seamstress of truly exceptional skills. While wearing a full length black leather duster that she fashioned for me I was approached by some people in the garment industry. They asked where the coat was from as they recognized it as professionally made, but also as nothing that they had ever encountered on the market. I told them my wife made it for me and they immediately wanted to meet her. We are currently shopping for the perfect fabric for a grey trench that she has in the works. Woohoo!

I am so glad there is a board not only that covers these topics that I hold dear to me, but that is also populated by some of the best folks and maintained by fair mods and admins. Give yourself a hand, folks. You're great (oy... two decades of being a professional musician has left it's mark on me lol ). As Rick said, "I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship".

Jonny's Angel

New in Town
Divin' in like Esther Williams...

Alright, well my Names Sarah-Lou , I'm 25, married, 2 kids (one boy one girl, 6 and 5 respectively). My style is a bit 40's-50's mish mash,as I've been a casual dabbler, but now I'm dedicated 24-7. I like to think I'm friendly, I enjoy a giggle, and enjoy creative pursuits.

I enjoy collectibles from the 50's, anything retro and kitsch. I love Jazz and Swing, rockabilly, et al. My partner dabbles with a retro look and we share a love of all things from this period. My passion is for movies and Hollywood stars of the era. I'm always in a book about Lana Turner or Joan Crawford, and I'm currently on a book about Edith Head (love those designs!)

Outside of all things 50's, I enjoy all kinds of music, I love crafting and playing around with Photoshop. I am a bit of a Francophile and I also love anything about Ancient Rome and Greece.

Well that's enough for now. I'm really excited to join here, and can't wait to get to know you all.

Sarah x

CharlesB

Suspended
Hello all, I'm Charles. The pleasure is all mine.

About me:

Post Grad Yank living in historic Canterbury England. My stock in trade is International Relations.

My style is a hybrid of early Michael Caine and Rod Serling.

I have way too many vintage paisely ties.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Zohar said:
I'm going to merge this thread into the New Ladies and Gents Step Forward thread, which is stuck at the top of the Observation Bar. Just wanted to let you know so you don't wonder where your thread went!

Cheers,

~Z

Ditto, CharlesB. Welcome!

Luigi Vampa

New in Town
Hi, everyone!

I've been lurking here for a little while, just learning and taking it all in, and I finally decided to come out in the open and say hello!

I'm brand new to the whole vintage lifestyle and don't actually own anything "vintage" except for the cuff links left to me by my grandfather. I do, however, own a couple of Jaxon fedoras and a few suits, so I'm at least attempting to build a modern wardrobe based on the good style of the Golden Era, if not the actual vintage clothing.

Thanks to everybody for the excellent information on the site and well as to the owners for providing us with such an outstanding place to meet and discuss our hobby.

- Vince

By the way, my handle is inspired by a character from the Count of Monte Cristo. Real name is above. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ