Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

Tripnastic

New in Town
Hi Everyone!

I found the forum while doing a search on something I picked up in a vintage store. That's when I realized everyone in here was talking about all the things that I'm always talking about!

I've already spent a lot of time going through the old threads, I love this place already! Most of my interest lies in the fashion and grooming trends of the Golden Era, and that's where you'll most likely see me popping up. Thanks for creating such a great place!

unaspenser

New in Town
Hello, ladies! I'm new and just finding my way around. I was invited here by a friend who is a member. I love vintage clothing, culture, movies, you name it! My husband and I have been watching the Poirot TV series and gazing at all the lovely clothes/decor. I'm a knitter and I love vintage knitting patterns. I've got some good sources for them for those who are interested. Anyway, I'll be taking it slow, but this looks like a great place.

Lilac Oak

New in Town
Hi ladies!
This is my first post, but I've been reading through the forums for a while... I first found this site while indulging a love of vintage hairstyles, but it's gotten me interested in many other aspects of the vintage lifestyle. I love the clothing and hairstyles of the 20's through to the 50's, old music and films, and would really like to get into social dancing! I love to dance and am a professional dance student, so the fun and social aspect of it appeals to me very much.
I would just like to say that everyone around here is very inspirational, you have great ideas and amazing style! I love looking at all of your creations.
-L

unaspenser

New in Town
Hello! I'm Diane, and I'm new. :) A friend suggested I might like to take a look at this group, and I'm impressed! I'm still a bit overwhelmed and trying to get my feet under me, but I'm doing my best to post here and there and read a few threads.

Anyway, a bit about me: I'm 26, living in Idaho, though I have lived in Scotland at various points in the past and my husband is from there. He and I are sort of... hybrids, I suppose. At home in both worlds and missing whichever country we're not in.

I've always been interested in things vintage... old clothes, jewelry, music, art, movies, literature, you name it. I collect brooches, a specific favorite. I played in a jazz band in high school and a bit in college, hopping between flute, percussion, and bari sax. I love to knit, and I spin my own yarn too. I enjoy vintage knitting patterns and how many of them have come back into fashion. Other hobbies include fly fishing, hiking, gardening, chicken keeping, reading, etc.

BoPeep

Practically Family
Land-O-LakesGal said:
Nice to meet you and you said you and your husband have some hot rods? We have 3 vintage vehicles, a 59 Brookwood Wagon (thats mine), a 57 chevy, and a 51 chevy fastback.

Our driver is a '50 Chevy sedan. Bought it when we were dating in college (found it for cheap out in a farmer's field). It's been 16 yrs, and I won't let him sell it! lol He's thinking about cutting off the back and grafting on the Fastback rear window and fenders. Luckily we have a nice 'donor' yard nearby!

MyDearStargazer

New in Town
Hello lovely ladies of FL!

I'm terrible at introductions, but here goes! I'm Sophie, 17, and I've been a vintage lover since I was about 12 (when I first became interested in fashion) and a classic film lover ever since I started watching films aged 4. Any film from between 1910 - 1965 is my friend, but I'm especially in love with the 20s, 30s and 40s. I avidly watch both silents and talkies, and generally the only people who know who or what I'm talking about are my Grandparents and some of my lovely fellow classic film bloggers. However, back to fashion! Despite having varying degrees of success with the hairstyles, mainly 30s and 40s, clothing has so far eluded me. Mainly because I can't decide which decade to be most devoted to. It's a close call between the 20s and the 40s/early 50s. :rolleyes: Perhaps it's just because I'm an indecisive person in general! Anyway, that is as good an introduction as I can muster! Thanks for having me! :)

~ Sophie

Veronica

New in Town
Hi Ladies !
I've been reading you for a while now, I am Véronique from France, sewing and crocheting addict. I am in love with the forties-fifties look and try to make it fit my tall and quite curvy silhouette.
Please forgive my weird syntax, both english and victory rolls are in progress :whistling

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Hello there

I just wanted to say a big hello to all the ladies and gentlemen here and introduce myself. My name is Miss Sofia, I live in East Sussex in the Uk and i have one significant other, my son and heir Maxi aged 10. It has taken me a long time to pluck up the courage to join you all, but after hiding in the shadows learning so much from your interesting and informative posts and also admiring the camaraderie and support you gals have for one another, i thought the next logical step would be to join myself. I have always collected vintage clothes and accessories, mainly forties and fifties, but have only worn them for weekenders or for 'best' (oh god, i just sounded like my mother then), or at home, because i have always been too shy and lacking in confidence. Thanks to you all i step out every day in vintage or a vintage inspired outfit, loud and proud, i have started to sew again and have even started to set my hair everyday. The last year has been very difficult on lots of levels and I feel like i have gotten a new lease of life, by finding somewhere to hopefully be able to learn and share thoughts and ideas with such like-minded people. Thank you x

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Hello my name is Saffron and i have been a member for less than a week, (although i have been lurking in the shadows for quite a while, until i plucked up the courage to become a member). I live in East Sussex and have a little shop with a couple of friends selling new and vintage clothes, accessories and curiousities, (like a boudoir bomb has gone off in a bat cave is how my Dad described it and i'll leave it at that, thanks Dad). My favourite time period is the 40's and 50's and i have been interested in the lifestyle, history, music, films etc since i was a child, my parents have always said i was born about 50 years too late. My father is an illustrator and it was his collection of old books and prints and love of history that rubbed off on me from as early as i can remember. It is only recently through the FL that i have started to embrace the lifestyle totally and not feel like i am alone in my desires and tastes, and that is thanks in part to you guys, as i stumbled upon this site, whilst trying to do some research and was blown away by the camaraderie and wealth of knowledge you all have and share and i hope to become a part of it. Thankyou. Oh and i'm Italian, both parents, so i emote a little too much on occasionan, what is a gal to do it's in the genes!

Histoire

New in Town
Hello!

I just wanted to drop by and say hello to everyone. I sort of fell into the Fedora Lounge after looking for information on vintage clothing and style. I have spent lots of time looking through the threads the past few days and I am very impressed by the knowledge of and passion for vintage style/history.

I finished my Masters degree in history about a year ago. I've always loved history and especially loved the style of the Golden Era up to the early 60s. I'm completely new in terms of wearing vintage clothing or creating my own style, but I'm excited to learn. The ladies who post in the Powder Room already got me trying out pin curls and I loved the results. I even bid (and lost) on my first piece of vintage clothing, a beautiful 40s seersucker dress.

I hope to learn more and to get to know everyone better. Thanks for such a wonderful resource.

Honey Bee

One of the Regulars
Hi

Hello! My nickname is "Honey Bee" and I am so glad to have found this forum!
I am very interested in learning about the late 40's through 50's and have a blog that I am having alot of fun with :)
I am a wife to "The Mister", my high school sweetheart of 30 years, mum to three grown kiddos and their spouses and Lord willing, first time grandmama to a grandson this coming September..and yes, I am getting excited!
I am currently looking for ideas to redo our small kitchen in late 40's-50's style and if you have any ideas or sites that would help me out, shoot me a reply or PM, I'd appreciate it!
I am finding alot of info on 'my' era of interest on this site, I hope I can contribute something here as well!

Amandine

New in Town
My name is Amanda. I found you wonderful people when I was searching for a better way to do a wet set and have been lurking ever since. :) I'm 22 and from Kansas City. I've always been fascinated with other eras, the 40's especially, though sadly I only occasionally have the time to get all dolled up. Other favorite periods in time include the Elizabethan, Colonial, Regency, and Victorian eras, as well as the 20's and 40's.

I can't gush enough about how wonderful everyone here seems and how excited I am to be a part of this community!

JDC

New in Town
New guy here. I work as a Librarian and have started Graduate school for Library Science. I lost my taste for ballcaps, etc and inherited a wonderful brown Towncraft fedora when my Grandfather died. Now that I have to dress better, I have found better quality sportcoats, trousers etc at Thift shops and since I have a love of old cars, radio, furniture and music, I guess it has also morphed into hats and clothes. This seems like a good board and I am glad to be here.

DAJE

One of the Regulars
Hello all, I posted on the Vintage Family Photos thread yesterday because my avatar here is a pic of my late father wearing an excellent hat.

I'm 45, male, and live in Melbourne, Australia. Always been a retro kind of guy, haven't cared for mainstream fashions since I got old enough to dress myself back in the late 70s.

I'm a musician, I'm interested in art and design in general, and I'm a big history nerd, and those obsessions are all driven by a love of things from before my time. I go through phases of being particularly interested in different periods, and this forum has been feeding my love of the 30s/40s since I discovered it a few weeks back while researching hats.

Not sure if I'll have much to contribute compared to many of the folks here, but no doubt I'll be chiming in on occasion.

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
Hello All

My name is Susan and I live in the Midwest (Minnesota). I have been a vintage lover and collector for many years and I stumbled on the sight a few months ago and have been addicted ever since, oh well an hour or two less sleep a day won't kill me right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner