Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice to meet you, Rebel. Is that the University of Oregon in Eugene you are talking about? Lovely campus with 19th century cemetary?

rebelgtp

One of the Regulars
Doran said:
Nice to meet you, Rebel. Is that the University of Oregon in Eugene you are talking about? Lovely campus with 19th century cemetary?

Nice to meet you as well Doran. UO os a great campus but I'll be over at Eastern Oregon University, in LaGrande. Nice area right at the foot of the Blue Mountains.

Annandamide

New in Town
Hello,
I am very new to all this kind of thing. I originally found you through a link form a ww2 forum, looked around and am hooked. As someone who usually bimbles around au natural I have been inspired by the threads on hair, beauty, style and general attitude of you all. This seems a really friendly and informative forum. I've already been trying out hair styles and am thinking of a big overhaul on my wardrobe!
I have an awful lot to learn and am very much looking forward to reading up!
:)

ShortClara

One Too Many
Hello from a lurker!

Hi - Long time lurker, first time poster! I'm in Sunny Los Angeles and I'm an actress (surprise!) :) I love the 40s and 50s mostly, and my name is after Clara Bow, my favorite actress of all time!

Let's see... I like pina coladas, long walks on the beach, and writing and producing my own short films and TV Pilots with my hubby (one won an award at the New York Television Festival last year (woot!). It's a travel/ history show, so some of you might like it (link here) if you like goofy humor and very historically inaccurate recreations. Mostly my girlfriend and I like dressing up in costume, so we wrote a whole show around getting to do that :D

I also sell vintage sometimes on eBay, but I end up keeping a lot of what I buy to sell once I try it on! ;)

Anywhoo... friend me on MySpace if you like short red-heads who are "weird" (this from my mother) but nice.

Hepcatkitten

New in Town
Hello from the South!!

Hello everyone, I'm new too. I came across this site a few days ago, and it has to be one of the best places on the Internet. Finally, people who feel the way I do about the past!! :)

Let's see I'm 23 and a recent college graduate of Arkansas State University, where I studied journalism. I live in avery small town and well, I'm a big Elvis Presley fan. I love the vintage life and if I had more money and more hair-styling skill I'd try to be this way all the time. I love dancing every Saturday night with my fella at a place called the Silver Moon Club. Back in the 1950s, it was one wild place. (Elvis was there twice in 1955!) Not so wild, anymore, but it is definitely a fun place where the boyfriend and I can get all dressed up in our vintage-wear and have a ball. Luke, my boyfriend is a talented musician who plays Jerry Lee Lewis-style piano and '50s rock 'n' roll.

Well I suppose I've rambled enough!

Hope everyone has a lovely day!
Lacy

missbeki

New in Town
hello there :) im beki. i love 20's-60's. adore them. I'm only 18 but I think I was secretly born in the wrong decade lol. okay now i sound weird i'll be quiet lol.

ShortClara

One Too Many
Hey Beki! I think quite a few of fall into the "Born Too Late" category! But then again, I loves me some internets & voting & such. So I'll stick to the here and now - in vintage, of course!

K

killertomata

I never did say hi here, I only said my 'I"m new here' in the Observation Lounge. So, hi. :) It's really nice seeing these introductions, makes me feel more at home here seeing how I finally found a place where others are interested in the same things I am.

While I am very much of the "born in the wrong era" type also, I also very much appreciate certain aspects of the modern world. :) I try to bring forward the best of the past in my everyday life and leave behind the things that I am glad are in the past, and leave it at that.

My obsessions are in the 30s and 40s, more the 40s. I do have appreciation for the time before and after, but for me there is nothing like the music, films, dance, etc of the WW2 era.

ShortClara

One Too Many
Hi

I said hello in The Powder Room, but I'll say it again here if that's OK :)

Hi - Long time lurker, first time poster! I'm in Sunny Los Angeles and I'm an actress (surprise!) I love the 40s and 50s mostly, and my name is after Clara Bow, my favorite actress of all time!

Let's see... I like pina coladas, long walks on the beach, and writing and producing my own short films and TV Pilots with my hubby (one won an award at the New York Television Festival last year (woot!). It's a travel/ history show, so some of you might like it (link here) if you like goofy humor and very historically inaccurate recreations. Mostly my girlfriend and I like dressing up in costume, so we wrote a whole show around getting to do that

I also sell vintage sometimes on eBay, but I end up keeping a lot of what I buy to sell once I try it on!

Anywhoo... friend me on MySpace if you like short red-heads who are "weird" (this from my mother) but nice. TFL is the bee's knees!

ShortClara

One Too Many
Dear Mr. Noir,

Are you one of the founders of your fabulous club? I enjoy odd clubs celebrating the unique.

Cheers~

Fredo

New in Town
Ciao everybody. Fredo checking in here from Brooklyn, NY. I heard about this place from a friend of mine, said it was my kind of joint so here I am, Fedora in hand - I am inside after all ;).

Matt Noir

One of the Regulars
ShortClara said:
Dear Mr. Noir,

Are you one of the founders of your fabulous club? I enjoy odd clubs celebrating the unique.

Cheers~

Hi Clara,

Indeedly do! I am the only founder of the club. The midwest was seriously lacking for an official beard and moustache club...it was my duty to step in and remedy that situation!

I plan on moving to the Portland, OR area in a year or so - I wonder if I can still call it the "Midwest" Beard and Moustache Club? ;)

Regards,

Noir. Matt Noir.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR