Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

byronic

One of the Regulars
hi to all. my interest in everything old probably stems from being brought up in my grandmas 1930's-time-capsule-art-deco-furnished house in leafy cheshire, england. although it was the 1970's outside in the big, bad, real world; inside her house was a haven from that decade of bad taste- the 1930's bakelite philco radio played classical, swing, gilbert & sullivan and glen miller, or occassionally the tv would be switched on for the afternoon matinee which would be black & white and probably star john mills, or stewart granger or leslie howard or robert donat or... need i go on? thanks to everyone who is behind this site, im just piqued that it took so long for me to discover it!

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Beinvenidos, El Erico!

El Erico said:
New guy here from SF enjoying all the talk threads about all the cool happenings. I have always loved the classic era of my grandparents and the vintage things passed down to me. I look forward to making friends with people from all parts of the globe. Cheers all...

Hi local boy! Lots and lots of fun stuff to get together and do around here.

Miss 1929

Another one!!!

JessiLynn said:
Hello! I also posted a brief intro in the powder room, but it was fairly short, so this will be slightly more indepth.

Hello! I'm Jessi, I live in the Bay Area of California (although I'm hoping to move to NY eventually). I dress vintage nearly every day, unless there is some packing disaster and all I can find are modern jeans and creepers (has happened a few times, sadly). I watch movies all the time, but instead of checking out ones I haven't seen, I tend to watch my favorites over and over again. I love music, of lots of different kinds (as formentioned in the powder room). I enjoy sewing, although I'm not especially good at it. I love drawing, gardening, baking, going to concerts (I am a terrible dancer, though) etc. don't really have any friends who are into vintage, so I'm glad to meet you all :)

Hi Jessi! Hope I get to meet you in person soon!

Treesaaw

New in Town
Hello everyone! I'm a rollergirl in the Bay Area, CA. I grew up watching Gene Kelly films with my dad, which sparked my fascination with the Golden Era. There's a sophistication about the dress and etiquette of the time that I absolutely fell in love with.

I found The Lounge while Googling fedoras for my Golden Era-themed wedding in September. My fiance and I want to make our wedding as accurate as possible and this forum has been a great help to us. I've learned so much here and hopefully I can contribute to some of the threads in the future! :)

JessiLynn

Familiar Face
Hey Treesaaw, welcome! Hooray for another bay area girl :)!

Miss 1929 - Ah well hopefully you won't be having a gig that night, although that is a really good reason to miss it if you end up doing so.

Oh my that looks like fun! I would have nothing to wear, haha! But I'm sure I can find something between now and sept. I'll do my best!

*Dani*

New in Town
I've been lurking here for ages but I finally decided to take the plunge and actually post. I've been a huge fan of vintage style since I was a little girl and it's so nice to find a whole forum of like-minded people! So... hello everyone!

Ottens

New in Town
Good Day all!

My name is Ottens. I'm a steampunk and dieselpunk enthusiasts with a particular interest in film noir and pretty much everything related to the 1930s and 40s. As I see it, art deco is the style of the future still and gentlemen ought to wear fedora hats at all times!

strangerous

New in Town
greetings!

hello, ladies!
i've loved the 30s and 40s as long as i can remember but it never dawned on me to find a forum! i found the fedora lounge while researching how to make pin curls and finger waves. i'm very glad!

i live in hawaii and am studying up to be a medical lab tech. i work at a computer help desk and in my free time i do film photography (nothing like a roll of 24 exposures and a rangefinder camera on a sunny day!) and getting dolled up to go to the supermarket.

while i like the glamour, i really LOVE the 30s, 40s, 50s casual wear. i hope to find a lot of inspiration here! i'm also getting into exotica/tiki music (moon over manakoora...) but i have no clue how to dress like that.

anyway, hope to make a lot of new friends here!

c.

Miss.Monroe

New in Town
Hello! I'm Miss.Monroe, and for about 2 years ago I've been loving the vintage years! The 20s, 40s and 50s are the most inspiring for me, but I also like the 60s and 80s.
Lately I've been trying to dress more vintage, but it's a bit difficult, because I don't find much things in my country, like vintage stores.. and also because I receive lots of comments (wich sometimes I don't appreciate..[huh] ) of my friends and family.
I joined The Fedora Lounge because I love your discussions here and the beautiful pictures you share.

Bye Bye,
Miss.Monroe:p

Holyhabanero

New in Town
Greetings

Hello Fedora Lounge. I found this forum from the Manliness blog, though I wish I would have found it earlier. I've been lurking around for a little while now, and have to say that this is my kind of place. Since a kid, I have always been interested in vintage and classic times and styles. I'm particularly fond of wet-shaving, steampunk (more steam than punk), and timeless style.

I hope to get to know you all better.

Miss 1929

Yet another one!

Treesaaw said:
Hello everyone! I'm a rollergirl in the Bay Area, CA. I grew up watching Gene Kelly films with my dad, which sparked my fascination with the Golden Era. There's a sophistication about the dress and etiquette of the time that I absolutely fell in love with.

I found The Lounge while Googling fedoras for my Golden Era-themed wedding in September. My fiance and I want to make our wedding as accurate as possible and this forum has been a great help to us. I've learned so much here and hopefully I can contribute to some of the threads in the future! :)

We're getting quite a Bay Area posse going on! welcome, Treesaw!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo