Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

Shirin

A-List Customer
HI Ladies, my name is Lana. I'm 27, will be 28 on Saturday. I'm married, just passed our 4th anniversary. Yay! I love love love 1940s through 1950s fashion, hair, movies, and music. I always have my computer playing the nostalgic music on Live 365. I like sewing though I'm not a wiz at it, and I've recently begun buying some vintage patterns from eBay to make for myself. I can't wait to get started on that. I've also taken up a photography hobby, which is fun and lets share my creative expression.Umm, I also like dancing. I was a belly dancer for about 12 years then I just have stopped after baby #2 was born. I want to dance again, however, this time I will be going back for ballroom lessons.
I look forward to getting to know all of you See you all around the forums.

Mrs Bentley

New in Town
Evening greetings,

My name is Sara Bentley and I currently live just outside of London in England. I'm married to Mr. Ethan Bentley, who found your wonderful forum in February and has been posting since. I'm ashamed to say that, although I registered around a similar time, I haven't managed to post more than once, but I definitely hope to correct that soon enough.

I was introduced to vintage by Ethan, and quickly found that it clicked with a number of my other past-times. In particular, I thoroughly enjoy sewing projects and completed my first vintage-style dress a while back. I'm now working on a petticoat to go underneath it for a summer party this year, and then hope to move onto a smoking jacket for Ethan for Christmas (it's a bit of an experiment, being nothing like anything I've sewn before, but I'm determined to keep at it until I've managed one, even if it takes a couple of years of attempts!).

I'm also very fond of books, letter writing, and long evenings of conversation (either on walks, or over glasses of whisky).

Anyway, I think I shall leave it there. I hope everyone is well and having a good week,

Sara

Nora Mae

New in Town
Hi!

Hello ladies,

I've been lurking and realized that I just started posting without introducing myself; my name is Nora, I'm in the wonderful San Francisco Bay Area, and I've been flirting with transforming my whole wardrobe into a vintage montage (mostly through reproductions, but it suits me). It all seems to have started when I got an Ultra-Lounge album out from the library, and now its all downhill... my cats keep getting smeared with red lipstick!

Look forward to getting to know you all!

bettie.mac.

New in Town
Name's Bettie and I live in Riverside, Southern California. 23 years old. Ive lurked for a bit and found its time to join you lovely ladies.

My grandmother raised me so the blend of her eras were instilled quite young. Its home to me. I absolutely adore it.

Im looking forward to seeing you all around.

Porcelina

New in Town
Hello all, I'm not sure if I have introduced myself before but it's about time I did, as I have been a 'lurker' for some time now!

Age: Just turned 30 - I seem to be coping with this by attempting to turn the years back through embracing earlier decades!
Eras I love: 30s - 50s.
Special interests: 50's rock n' roll (Elvis, poodle skirts), vintage Western wear, Doris Day.

My passion for 30's - 50's fashion was spawned by the films I used to watch with my mother on rainy weekends - 1950's Hitchcock films (Rear Window, To Catch a Thief, and North by NorthWest all have some pretty fabulous fashion moments) and 1930's/40's films like Holiday, Bringing up Baby and The Lady Eve. I watched Rear Window again last night - I just love the pale green suit Grace Kelly wears with the white halterneck blouse underneath.

It's only in the last few years that what I wear has at all interested me, since I was introduced to burlesque. Previously I'd thought the vintage look was not something attainable in this modern life.

I'd love to wear more vintage-inspired clothing everyday rather than just for special occasions. I did my hair 40's for the first time last weekend thanks to a youtube tutorial, and have started a sewing class so I can make my own clothes! I have reached the point where I am going to have to start selling clothes too as well as buying them or I'm going to be in trouble with Mr Bank Manager... I bid on a dress on ebay this morning, ooops...

This site is highly inspirational - thank you all so much!

barra063

Familiar Face
I have recently stumbled onto the fedora lounge and thought it best to introduce myself. I,m in Australia and am a bit of a history buff. Love antiques of all descriptions. Lately I have been adding to my hat collection and this has sparked an interest in clothing in general from the 30's 40's era. Well best be moving as there are plenty of interesting threads to browse through.

Barra

Charm School

New in Town
Swingin By to Say Hi from Australia

Hi my name is Chrissy and I run The Lindy Charm School for Girls over here in Australia... Based on the sunny Gold Coast, Queensland, Austalia, I heard about this site through another site www.Superkawaiimama.com and now it looks like I might be hooked. Being a Swing Dancer/Teacher for the last 13 years I progressed (out of demand) to running Charm School Workshops teaching girls about doing hair, makeup, understanding the fashion and ettiquette of the 30's 40's and 50's... We do have fun and I look forward to getting to know some of the ladies in this forum. Kisses from the Mistress xx

SayCici

Practically Family
Hi! My name is Reilly, I'm 19 and live in Virginia. I was so happy to find this forum, I've been lurking for a few days! When I was little I had a "kid's oldies CD" (it had songs like Yellow Submarine, Yakkety-Yak, Charlie Brown..), and I continued to listen to that style of music as I grew up because that's what my dad always listened to. Finally this year the 50's fever grew to include my wardrobe! I just started taking a few sewing classes at my local Jo Ann's so I could start buying vintage patterns, and making my own alterations (fixing hems, mending seams, etc.).

I'm also interested in the 30's-40's. :]

Ray George

New in Town
Introducing Myself - Ray George

Hello...

Well, this is nice to be able to do; however, always a bit uncomfortable when talking about myself to others. :eusa_clap

I live in Ogden Dunes, Indiana; a small community on the shores of Lake Michigan, about 40 miles from downtown Chicago, Illinois.

I am single, and live with my Shih Tzu, "Nikki," and my Dutch Mini Rabbit, "Lillie." I share my living quarters and expenses with my friend, "Ed."

I am a former actor, now pursuing music full time. I am a vocalist, right now without a band, but searching.

I perform swing and light jazz standards, and some big band standards to boot.

I continue to perform live, even though I am "band-less," using the magic of today's technology, backing tracks. It's not like performing with a live band, but it still can be a whole lot of fun and excitement. It gives me the chance to keep on performing live until the right musicians come along.

I am a huge fan of Big Band music, and the vocalists of the 30's & 40's. My specialty is Swing Music...

I like the musicals of the 30's & 40's and usually do not seek out any other type of movies. I do, however, occasionally pursue the classic horror moves of Universal... You know, Frankenstein, Dracula, Wolf Man.

I was so impressed with The Fedora Lounge when I came across it, because I am forever fascinated with "retro style" anything... Especially of the 30's & 40's.

It's so nice to bump into like minded people, such as fill the Fedora Lounge. I can't think of anyplace else on the Net right now that I would rather be!

Django

New in Town
My name is Chad and I am new here. I'm a graphic designer and also own a hot rod shop west of Chicago. I play guitar in a rockabilly band, the Hot Rod Hucksters and am obsessed with all things regarding the AAF. :)

I'm into hot rods, and have 2 '36 Fords, a '55 chevy wagon and a '67 chevelle SS convertible.

GallatinHatMan

One of the Regulars
I guess I have never really introduced myself, I just sort of jumped into posting after lurking a bit. My name is Randy Lucas. I am a practicing attorney in Gallatin, Tennessee. I was born and raised in the Indianapolis area and practiced law there for 16 years before going through a divorce, finding my new wife (She's from Austin, Texas, hence the adding of western hats to my repertoire) and moving to Tennessee. I am a solo practitioner focusing on criminal, domestic and business litigation. I have a daughter in Washington, D.C., a son still in college in Indianapolis and a step daughter in college in Ann Arbor. I've been wearing hats for the past 20 years fairly regularly, mainly fedoras and western, but have over the past several years have branched out to homburgs and others. My wife and I are Civil War reenactors and have an interest in history including vintage hats.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Django said:
My name is Chad and I am new here. I'm a graphic designer and also own a hot rod shop west of Chicago. I play guitar in a rockabilly band, the Hot Rod Hucksters and am obsessed with all things regarding the AAF. :)

I'm into hot rods, and have 2 '36 Fords, a '55 chevy wagon and a '67 chevelle SS convertible.

Oooh! I love Chevelles! My dad and brother both have '66 Chevelle SS's and my other brother has a 66 Chevelle Malibu. I have fond memories of racing people to school in my brother's Chevelle (um, I wasn't driving, though, but sitting in the back seat listening to loud metal bands like Metallica!)

Welcome!

SayCici

Practically Family
I already posted in the introduction thread in the Powder Room but figured I'd say hello here as well!

I'm Reilly, 19, and living in Virginia. I have always been interested in 40's and 50's music thanks to my dad, but recently that love has been expanding into all aspects of those decades. I'm very happy to have found this forum! :)

ivy l'vine

New in Town
I'm sorta new

I joined about a year ago, but never did anyting with it. Well now I'm back and I'm looking around.

I'm a burlesque dancer and swing dancer from the fabulous Las Vegas! I came back on this site to meet new people and to see what they can share with me.

FatmuleBob

New in Town
Howdy! Just a quick introduction... my name is Robert, I'm 35, and I live in North Texas.

I found the lounge a few months ago while searching for advice on wet shaving, and I've been lurking ever since. But now I'm hooked, and I can't seem to leave this place!

DragonJade

One of the Regulars
Hello from a newbie

Hello. I found this wonderful site quite by accident a few weeks ago. I have to say it's great to discover other people who are interested in the same era as I am. I've been reading up a lot on past posts and am learning a lot. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24