Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

inge77

New in Town
Hi everyone!!! I'm new!

Hi everyone, I live in Philadelphia, PA, and am new to thefedoralounge. I just want to introduce myself and reach out to you all! I've never seen a website like this in my whole life, and am sooo happy to have found it. I hope for this site to become something of a home to me. I was told about this site by a friend who is also a superb vintage seller! Anyway, I have been collecting vintage, antique, and retro clothing sine I was a teenager, and am now 32. As for secondhand clothes, I've had those my whole life! My mom raised me on thrift stores, so I've gotten to know some really great ones. I don't wear vintage every day, but that is only because I don't want to soil or ruin my lovely vintage and antique clothing! But I'm also not an "armchair vintage person". I do wear vintage or antique at least a few times per week. I also cook and bake from scratch, and hope to be a stay-at-home wife and mother someday, just like some of the gals I've read threads from on here. My favorite era is the early Tudor era, or the late 1400's to the mid-1500's. What I wouldn't give for an authentic Tudor dress, complete with corset and farthingale!!! My second favorite time is the 1860's, with those super wide skirts and dresses over the gigantic hoop skirts. Hmm...I guess that's all for me for now. If you live in Philadelphia and want to get together to talk vintage, please send me a message!

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
Welcome aboard!

We have had 2 Philly area Hat Crawls to date. We'd love to see more and more faces in attendance! Hope you can join in the fun :)

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for telling us about yourself and for joining the Lounge. We're very happy to have you with us and look forward to hearing from you often.

Welcome :)

Christy

One of the Regulars
Hi Everyone!

I'm new here and I would like to introduce myself. Over the past couple of years I always come across The Fedora Lounge through my google searches and I love reading the threads. I was always too shy to join though, I finally decided to register.

I'm almost 23 and I'm from a small town in Oregon. I've always been fascinated with the 1920's-1950's, especially the 1940's. It all started with my Grammy. She would tell me all kinds of stories about when she was in her twenties. I also saw her wedding photo and I wanted to look just like her. However, I am very new to vintage dressing, I've got the hair and makeup covered, but I'm still working on my wardrobe. I've come to the Fedora Lounge to learn as much as I can about the Golden Era from all of you knowledgeable members!

December

One of the Regulars
Hi everyone!

I've been lurking here ferociously whilst waiting for my account to be approved. And now it has so here I am :D

I'm 21, and I've been a huge fan of all things vintage and retro for as long as I can remember. My main interest is a little later than Golden Era: 1950's and early 1960's, but really I love anything from the Victorian era up to 1969.

Although I've been interested for a long time, I've only been an active fan for a year or so, and might need bits of advice.

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you all :)

Lenore

Practically Family
December said:
Hi everyone!

I've been lurking here ferociously whilst waiting for my account to be approved. And now it has so here I am :D

I'm 21, and I've been a huge fan of all things vintage and retro for as long as I can remember. My main interest is a little later than Golden Era: 1950's and early 1960's, but really I love anything from the Victorian era up to 1969.

Although I've been interested for a long time, I've only been an active fan for a year or so, and might need bits of advice.

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you all :)

Wow, December. Other than the piercing, you could be a dead ringer for my mother in her senior portrait. She graduated in '64. Love love love the glasses. :)

Oh yeah, welcome to the lounge! lol

December

One of the Regulars
Lenore said:
Wow, December. Other than the piercing, you could be a dead ringer for my mother in her senior portrait. She graduated in '64. Love love love the glasses. :)

Oh yeah, welcome to the lounge! lol

Really? Wow! That's so cool. That is actually one of the best compliments I've ever had.

And thank you for the welcome :)

Spearmint

New in Town
Hello, I have been lurking for awhile and finally joined.

My name is Connie I am from a small town in New York, my graduating class was 45. The era I am drawn to is the late 30's to early 50's, history nerd...only girl at my former HS that did Civil War day with the local guild members. Since elementary school I have been weary of many parts of the modern era, the music the clothes...refusing to conform even with all of the teasing from my peers.

I'm eighteen soon to be nineteen, recently engaged now i'm counting down the days till my ring is finished a marquise cut garnet on a thick yellow gold band (much like my great grannys ring). My fiance is a punk, former goth metal head, safe to say we make a pretty picture when we go out but it works for us. Going to college for anthropology, history, and linguistics. With the goal of PhDs in archaeology and history, I plan on being an archaeologist and researcher for digs.

I have a slight obsession with film noir and pulp fiction, in the process of finishing a screenplay in the spirit of classic film noir. Actually in love with most of the films until the 60's to be honest.

Jezebel_Amazon

One of the Regulars
Maybe I should introduce myself since I've never really done so.

Hello Ladies and Gents,
My name is Jezebel and I reside in miserably sunny South Florida. I am into all decades between the early 1900s to the Early 60s. I prefer -1930s-1950s music, movies and fashion. I came across this community I believe 2 or more years ago and had lurked from quite some time until I forgot the password to the previous account. I'm a cosmetology student that over indulges in vintage beauty. I used to be quite active into Pin Up photography and had a small website and all before I decided to go on Hiatus. South Florida is just as miserable as it sounds.. especially since I'm a girl with an extensive winter clothing collection. My group of "like-minded" friends includes just myself and my boyfriend hahah. I've come here to make like-minded friends from far off places! Also, to further indulge myself in golden era goodness! ;)

Christy

One of the Regulars
I introduced myself in the powder room, but I should probably introduce myself here also.

I'm almost 23 and I'm from a small town in Oregon. I've seen The Fedora Lounge over the past two years from my google searches, but I was always too shy to join.

I love history in general, and I'm interested in the 1920's-1950's, especially the 1940's. It all started with my Grammy telling me her stories and then I saw her wedding picture and I knew that was how I wanted to look. I didn't start to dress in a vintage style until two years ago, I have the hair and makeup pretty much down, but my wardrobe is not good.

I joined so that I can learn from all of the knowledgeable members here on The Fedora Lounge.

I look forward to getting to know all of you!

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
There was/is a thread on manly scents here! Lots of good info. I think its in the general attire category...

Mr Zablosky said:
Interesting stuff here. I'm still poking around looking for info on different things of current interest. I'm curious of manly scents of this period and who still carries them. Also, I've got a dragnet out for a deco-style men's ring w/ruby. I don't know why I'm so fixated on this. I have a germ of a memory of someone wearing one when I was little. Maybe it'll be clear once I see a similar ring.

December

One of the Regulars
Like Christy, I've posted an introduction in the Powder Room but thought I should introduce myself here too.

I've been interested in all things vintage for as long as I can remember. My personal favourite is a little later than Golden Era at the 50s and 60s, but I do love anything from the Victorians up to 1969.

Whilst I've had this interest for so long, it's only recently become more of a lifestyle so I'm by no means an expert. I look forward to learning lots of new things from all you lovely people :D

Miss Vixen

New in Town
Hello Ladies,
I am new to the board and thought I would stop in and say hello! I am in the wrong time period!! I love 1940s and 1950s clothes/cars/music/movies ect ect. I collect Vintage fashion/Vintage cookbooks/ anything to do with that time period, and could spend my days like Harriet Nelson/Donna Reed did :) My mom was a teen in the 1960s and went to the Clairol school of beauty. I have all the wild and crazy photos of her and her twin sister with the big ratted out hair. I wish she lived closer to me as she can do the finger waves, roller sets ect with her eyes closed. I grew up in California but now live in North Carolina because of work. I buy just about anything I can get my hands on that makes me feel like it is 1955. I have a Classic car that I take to car shows on the weekends and sometimes I dress Vintage when the weather is not scalding. I am excited to see there are other people just like myself that are crazy about the good ole days. I wish I could get in a time machine just for a shopping spree :) anyways here is what I look like, nice to meet everyone!

f204bbb7.jpg

eb022073.jpg

Pera.T

One of the Regulars
New guy from New Zealand

Hello there!
Pera here from New Zealand. Love everything about the Golden Era, especially the clothing, but never really had anything vintage in my wardrobe. Thought it was time I got myself a nice Fedora to match up with my formal wear, but after looking at photos of your guys outfits on the forum for the last few days I now want the whole wardrobe lol

Living in a pretty major Art Deco district, there's quite a bit to see and do around here. Lots of beautiful Art Deco buildings, and an Art Deco weekend every year which is a good excuse to get dressed up!

Looking forward to learning lots from you all, and maybe contributing to the discussions some time in the future :p
See you on the forums!

buddy5909

One of the Regulars
New Vintage Lady Checking In

Hello, my name is Jennifer and I live in Kansas City, MO and I have a deep love for the past. I've been looking at your site for years. Some would call me an old soul or just born in black and white. I like the mid 1920s - mid 1960s. I think I love the 1950s best. I like to enhance my femininity and natural beauty. I just love the 50s glamour; the way they dressed and did their hair and make-up, really celebrating the feminine beauty and the allure from days gone by. I feel that dressing feminine is not a handicap or a weakness. I believe that Edith Head said it best, "Your dresses should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady.” Vintage clothes emphasize curves and drape elegantly to lend an air of discreet sexiness. I believe that it is sexier to have nice fitting dresses and skirts instead of low cut tops and jeans. Sex appeal does not require partial nudity. I would call myself a New Vintage Lady. I love luscious red lipstick and nail polish. It is a common misconception that femininity is all about fluffy, pink, prissy or bimbo like; far from it. I’m mostly influenced by women like Clara Bow, Jean Harlow, Claudette Colbert, Rita Hayworth, Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly, Natalie Wood, Dorothy Dandridge, Janet Leigh, Marilyn Monroe, Lucille Ball, Elizabeth Taylor, Lana Turner and Veronica Lake to name a few. Not only by their beauty but by their style, elegance and the way they carry themselves; like a proper lady. I also love vintage music too. My favorite singer of all times is Buddy Holly. I was so excited when my daughter was born on Feb. 3, 2009 - the 50th Ann. of the day the music died.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo