Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New member and unique individual who ordered Aero leather jacket today...

Navin323i

Practically Family
Hello Everyone,

It's my honor and privilege to make my first post here. I stumbled upon this site about a month ago after doing a Google search on horsehide leather jackets. In fact, I had not even heard of Aero Leather Company until I started reading thru all the archived postings on here. I'm truly amazed to find folks here with the same interest I share in leather jackets. I look forward to getting to know you all. Oh, and for those of you unsure as to how to pronounce my name, it's pronounced "Nuh-'veen" with the accent on the 2nd syllable (my name rhymes with the word, "ravine". Navin means "new" in an ancient Indian language known as Sanskrit.

A little bit about me... I'm a 36 year old husband and father of two little girls - one who is 5 years old and the other who is only 4 months old. I'm American born and raised however my parents come from southern India. My wife is northern Indian but came to the U.S. at a very young age so she's basically American as well. I'm a survivor of 5 major open heart surgeries and have a partly mechanical heart made of a material called carbon fiber as well as a pacemaker and gore-tex reinforced abdomen due to my tendency to develop hernia bulges in my abdomen (more on that in terms of my leather jacket sizing a bit later).

I've dedicated the rest of my life to raising heart awareness for folks like myself born with congenital heart conditions and hopefully inspire people to lead heart-healthy lives... I accomplish this in a unique way... I customize cars as a hobby and I compete on the show car circuit on a team of BMW cars. I have modified my car with the same carbon fiber material that is in my mechanical heart... basically my car helps to tell my "heart story". I've been featured in major magazines and newspaper plus MTV interviewed me last July at a car show in Chicago... not sure if it has aired already or not.

Anyhow, getting back to the topic of leather jackets, because of my medical condition, especially the hernia bulges in my abdomen, sizing of jackets is a priority for me. I am including some pictures of my current favorite leather jacket and I'm happy to say that I placed an order today with Mark Moye for my very first Aero jacket. I'm keeping it a surprise as to which jacket I'm getting, but I promise you it's going to be different plus I've modded the jacket to make it even more unique. I guess you can say that my hobby for customizing cars has instilled that mindset in me for being unique... putting my heart and soul into something and not being afraid to be different. I'm just super excited to have Amanda and her staff design a jacket that will be able to fit me properly and bring less attention to my abdominal area.

I hope you enjoy my pictures. For those of you interested in reading my features, feel free to check out my links below:

Eurotuner Magazine
http://www.eurotuner.com/featuredvehicles/eurp_0811_2000_bmw_323i/index.html

Washington Examiner Newspaper
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/l...close-to-this-customizers-heart-42690682.html

PICTURES (Note: this is currently my favorite leather jacket which I bought used at a local flea market for only $20. What drew me to this jacket was the cool styling of the bi-swing back and side buckle adjusters and the fact that the jacket was made in India (have to support the mother land you know... lol. I spent an additional $150 to get the jacket re-dyed and lining replaced... you can see the original color of the jacket in one of the pics below that shows the interior pocket in the lining. Everytime I wear this jacket I get at least one compliment... I hope to continue that trend with my soon-to-have new Aero leather jacket)

Navin-Jacket1.jpg

Navin-Jacket2.jpg

Navin-Jacket3.jpg

The leather color you see at the internal pocket edge was actually the original color of this jacket before I got the jacket professionally re-dyed and interior lining replaced
Navin-Jacket4.jpg

Navin-Jacket5.jpg

Navin-Jacket6.jpg

Navin-Jacket7.jpg

Navin-Jacket8.jpg

My 2 little angels... now I know why I survived my 5 heart surgeries... so I could be a good father to my girls
Navin-Jacket9.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Welcome, Navin. Your kids are absolutely adorable.......and the jacket ain't bad either.;)

P5640blouson

One of the Regulars
I'll be the first to say, Welcome.

Love cars too, and well fitting jackets, of course. I hope you get the fit that you are looking for.

Gancho

One of the Regulars
Hi Navin,

nice to meet you here and welcome! It is the best place to talk about leather jackets and a lot of guys here share your love for cars. Me too! Got a BMW 123d :rage:

What kind of AERO jacket have you ordered?

Many regards from Germany

Oliver

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Welcome to TFL Navin..!

We're ALL waiting in anticipation to see what the team at Aero have created for you (and what 'you' by the sounds of things, have project managed!).

Enjoyed the 'family' photos too (hey, a lot of us are sapps for family, and why not!).

Enjoy your time with us here, may it be fruitful, enjoyable and in good health.

Kindest Regards,

PADDY.

OneEyeMan

Practically Family
Rock on Navin!
You're one hell of an inspiration. :eusa_clap
Welcome to the forum and I look forward to your posts and pix of the Aero when it arrives.
Lenny

Neat introduction,Navin!...and positive attitude despite some challenges.
Your quest for an ultimate leather jacket seems to be starting out very similar to mine around ten years ago. Searching for an HH jacket...I too..ran across Aero on that journey. Now after several Aero jackets..I've found their HH to be quite unique...and their willingness to perform custom work also a major plus. Working close with Mark Moye..I think that you will be pleased with the results. Like others..I'm looking forward to ogling your new jacket creation.
HD

Navin323i

Practically Family
P5640blouson said:
Love cars too, and well fitting jackets, of course. I hope you get the fit that you are looking for.

Great to meet you! After looking at my pictures do you find my jacket to be well fitting? Personally I think the fitting could be a bit better, especially in my abdomen area, but that's why the Aero leather jacket will eventually be in my hands... I'm sure Amanda and her staff will do a good job. :)

Navin323i

Practically Family
Gancho said:
Hi Navin,

nice to meet you here and welcome! It is the best place to talk about leather jackets and a lot of guys here share your love for cars. Me too! Got a BMW 123d :rage:

What kind of AERO jacket have you ordered?

Many regards from Germany

Oliver

Guten Tag, Oliver!

I speak a little Deutsch... I studied the language in school 20 years ago, so I've forgotten quite a bit. :)

I'd love to see pics of your 123d... what year and color? BMW is truly the ultimate driving machine.

Regarding the Aero jacket I've ordered... I'm sorry to say it's a surprise for now. What I can tell you is that it sells in far less numbers compared to the ever popular Highwayman, and I've customized it to make it truly unique. The best part though is that when it's done I'm sure it will be the best fitting jacket I've ever worn.

Wo in Deutschland wohnen sie?

Cheers,
Navin

Navin323i

Practically Family
PADDY said:
We're ALL waiting in anticipation to see what the team at Aero have created for you (and what 'you' by the sounds of things, have project managed!).

Enjoyed the 'family' photos too (hey, a lot of us are sapps for family, and why not!).

Enjoy your time with us here, may it be fruitful, enjoyable and in good health.

Kindest Regards,

PADDY.

Thank you so much, Paddy!! During the weeks that I was checking out this forum as a guest before registering, plus during the time I had to wait for my account activation after registering, I had the opportunity to check out many of your posts on here... all I can say is WOW! You have an amazing taste in clothing, Paddy! We have a name here for guys like you who dress nicely... "Mr. GQ". :D

I've spent the past 10 years or so mostly on BMW and other car enthusiast related web forums... honestly it's a total breath of fresh air to join a site like fedora lounge where I can interact with folks in my age group and older and hopefully learn more about clothing styles from not only our current era now but the earlier eras too... I'm truly impressed with this site and its members. :)

Enjoy your day, my friend.

Navin

Navin323i

Practically Family
OneEyeMan said:
Rock on Navin!
You're one hell of an inspiration. :eusa_clap
Welcome to the forum and I look forward to your posts and pix of the Aero when it arrives.
Lenny

Thanks Lenny! I'm truly humbled to hear you say that. Great to meet you, bro. Just curious, where in the U.S. do you reside? I'm still trying to get a feel for where many of the site members here are from geographically. Are there others here from Maryland? Do folks here get together in their respective regions for meets, etc.?

Navin323i

Practically Family
HoosierDaddy said:
Neat introduction,Navin!...and positive attitude despite some challenges.
Your quest for an ultimate leather jacket seems to be starting out very similar to mine around ten years ago. Searching for an HH jacket...I too..ran across Aero on that journey. Now after several Aero jackets..I've found their HH to be quite unique...and their willingness to perform custom work also a major plus. Working close with Mark Moye..I think that you will be pleased with the results. Like others..I'm looking forward to ogling your new jacket creation.
HD

Great to meet you, HD!! You're definitely an inspiration to me in terms of your leather jacket experiences. I enjoyed seeing your threads with pictures of your Vanson Enfield and Aero Bootlegger (love that brown color by the way!). Both those jackets look great on you by the way. :)

Mark is a great guy to work with. Actually both he and Amanda have been wonderful to deal with, especially given my abdominal area sizing needs. I've been told a minimum of 10 to 12 weeks and even if it takes longer I'm not concerned. I've developed quite a bit of patience skills in the car customizing industry, often times having to wait extended periods of time for custom fabricated parts or the lengthy wait times at body shops to get the work actually done. In any case, the wait will be well worth it, I'm sure. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner