Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Montana Bronco

New in Town
New member here, I go by Montana Bronco because (a) I live in Montana, and (b) for many, many years my vehicle was a Ford Bronco.

This is my first post on Fedora Lounge. I recently purchased a Stylemaster, thanks to the advice I received on this site. So I thought I should join up.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 411

Hat and Rehat

Call Me a Cab
New member here, I go by Montana Bronco because (a) I live in Montana, and (b) for many, many years my vehicle was a Ford Bronco.

This is my first post on Fedora Lounge. I recently purchased a Stylemaster, thanks to the advice I received on this site. So I thought I should join up.
If you're gonna drive a truck, Ford makes the one's that last.
That's why you drove a Bronco for many years!
That hat could be with you for a while too!

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Tapatalk

Lidnut49

New in Town
We almost have Ohio accounted for. You're near Cincy, Doggie's near the Land of Cleves, T Jones is in Columbus, and I'm in Dayton. We need to recruit somebody from Toledo to box this place in!

Maybe I should give this guy a call. He's obviously into hats...

View attachment 59003
Another newbie here, from Cincinnati! What's with this Ohio thing? Maybe the CDC should look into Excess Hat Disease in Ohio...
Hat freak for a long time, lurked around here for a while before joining...love the humor, knowledge, passion for hats. Thanks for being here! Doc

Lidnut49

New in Town
Join me in the hat gutter. I haven't hit bottom yet... ;)
In guitar world there's an insidious disease called GAS, guitar acquisition syndrome. It's not 100% contagious but can sometimes be initiated by an innocent comment, like how cool one's new guitar is...is such a thing as HAS. I think so, but thank goodness great hats are not as pricey as great guitars! But the way, formula for ideal number of hats:
X = hats you currently own
Ideal number = X + 1

Another newbie here, from Cincinnati! What's with this Ohio thing? Maybe the CDC should look into Excess Hat Disease in Ohio...
Hat freak for a long time, lurked around here for a while before joining...love the humor, knowledge, passion for hats. Thanks for being here! Doc

Welcome! What part of Cincy?

Go Reds.
Greetings All - Long time lurker, first time poster. I love seeing all the beautiful hats you all post. My personal collection is rapidly expanding and I am looking to branch out into making my own. Just wanted to say hi and that I am looking forward to being part of this community and learning as much as I can.
Welcome to the party, pal!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
Hello All,

Newbie from TX here. Been lurking for a while, learning lots of good stuff and finally decided to join. I started wearing hats for functional reasons - leather outback style packables that I could keep in my motorcycle saddle bag to cover the dreaded 'helmet hair' after riding. Have some nice ones from Conner Hats in Australia, but I decided I liked wearing them and wanted more for fashion as well as functionality. I got a few nice Irish Flat Caps from Hanna and Hanly, and especially like the Harris Tweed to wear with my Vintage 1940's overcoats. I just recently purchased an Akubra Balmoral hemp hat for the hot Texas Summers, and now have my eye on a Banjo Paterson. I think that's the style that suites me best, but I would also like a vintage classic Fedora. I love all things Vintage, and collect/restore vintage fountain pens, cuckoo clocks, music boxes and Coleman lanterns.

Here's a few pics:

hats2.jpg
hats5.jpg
hats1.jpg
hats3.jpg
hats7.jpg

Looking forward to learning a lot and hopefully contributing to the forum.

Last edited:

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Good to have you on board. We'll have to meet up at Peter Bros. sometime or over in Garland at HatCo. It's still hotter than h**l for us, but it has to start cooling down sometime! I look forward to seeing more of your hats.

Hello All,

Newbie from TX here. Been lurking for a while, learning lots of good stuff and finally decided to join. I started wearing hats for functional reasons - leather outback style packables that I could keep in my motorcycle saddle bag to cover the dreaded 'helmet hair' after riding. Have some nice ones from Conner Hats in Australia, but I decided I liked wearing them and wanted more for fashion as well as functionality. I got a few nice Irish Flat Caps from Hanna and Hanly, and especially like the Harris Tweed to wear with my Vintage 1940's overcoats. I just recently purchased an Akubra Balmoral hemp hat for the hot Texas Summers, and now have my eye on a Banjo Paterson. I think that's the style that suites me best, but I would also like a vintage classic Fedora. I love all things Vintage, and collect/restore vintage fountain pens, cuckoo clocks and Coleman lanterns.

Here's a few pics: View attachment 184102 View attachment 184103 View attachment 184104
View attachment 184099 View attachment 184100

Hello All,

Newbie from TX here. Been lurking for a while, learning lots of good stuff and finally decided to join. I started wearing hats for functional reasons - leather outback style packables that I could keep in my motorcycle saddle bag to cover the dreaded 'helmet hair' after riding. Have some nice ones from Conner Hats in Australia, but I decided I liked wearing them and wanted more for fashion as well as functionality. I got a few nice Irish Flat Caps from Hanna and Hanly, and especially like the Harris Tweed to wear with my Vintage 1940's overcoats. I just recently purchased an Akubra Balmoral hemp hat for the hot Texas Summers, and now have my eye on a Banjo Paterson. I think that's the style that suites me best, but I would also like a vintage classic Fedora. I love all things Vintage, and collect/restore vintage fountain pens, cuckoo clocks and Coleman lanterns.

Here's a few pics: View attachment 184102 View attachment 184103 View attachment 184104
View attachment 184099 View attachment 184100

Welcome! This is a great place and I hope you enjoy your stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
Good to have you on board. We'll have to meet up at Peter Bros. sometime or over in Garland at HatCo. It's still hotter than h**l for us, but it has to start cooling down sometime! I look forward to seeing more of your hats.

Thanks Rmccamey, We hang out in Sundance Square regularly, so I'll have to take you up on that. Peters Bros is great, lots of history. Haven't been to Hatco, I'll have to check that out.

Just A Hat Rack

Practically Family
I'm near Columbus as well, formerly Toledo. Welcome to the lounge.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

In guitar world there's an insidious disease called GAS, guitar acquisition syndrome. It's not 100% contagious but can sometimes be initiated by an innocent comment, like how cool one's new guitar is...is such a thing as HAS. I think so, but thank goodness great hats are not as pricey as great guitars! But the way, formula for ideal number of hats:
X = hats you currently own
Ideal number = X + 1

Guitars, hats, cars, flashlights, etc.; whatever your poison of choice, we’re here for you.

1DCEB2F3-DED1-4A0C-B0AD-963FECD3B422.jpeg C981DE92-9897-4E5C-9F85-074B56EB1D83.jpeg 88161DDA-6734-4356-992A-6BA6BADEE74B.jpeg 421CFB7E-2B00-4B44-BDEB-968CED70346B.jpeg 1D9A0082-8B60-4302-B6F8-330A76B8F412.jpeg
0CC1E8EA-D61A-4B25-84AB-6A5D62291EFA.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ