New Member to the Hat Forum

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Hats Matter, Sep 8, 2016.

1. SteveFord

SteveFord A-List Customer

Never had a Retic or an African Rock as I was warned away from them by the fellow I bought that first Burmese from. I am currently breeding boas (some sort of Central American species and some beautiful Surinam red tails). I'm excited about the Surinams.
    Duty calls so it's off to work.
    fzbowler2.jpg

2. Tomasz Zieniewicz

Tomasz Zieniewicz New in Town

Hello there! Yet, another fresh member here :)
    I stumbled upon this site and forums while looking for information about some vintage stuff and antics I came across and bought out of pure curiosity (well, not only because of curiosity... hate to see it only gathering dust, I really like the old time gentelman wear, and.... my gf was not around to stop me ;) ).
    Till now I have not even realized such a great community existed - there is so much to read and so much to learn.
    I will post some of my findings, as soon as I get a better grip of the forum rules, because right there is way to much information to go through, and some of the questions I have were propably asked a milion times :)

Have a good day, and a Happy New Year :)

3. Frunobulax

Frunobulax

Welcome, Tomasz!

4. DaveProc

DaveProc Call Me a Cab

Welcome Tomasz!

Tomasz Zieniewicz likes this.
  5. Hagwood

Hagwood Call Me a Cab

Welcome aboard ! It is a great group of people.

Dan's hat and Tomasz Zieniewicz like this.
  6. You’re going to love it here, Tomasz. Looking forward to seeing your hats too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tomasz Zieniewicz likes this.
  7. Headpatrolman

Headpatrolman New in Town

Hello all,

Another newbie here. I have been into vintage timepieces for some time and recently have been getting into vintage hats. I had always seen them in thrift and vintage stores and always tried them on but never bought any. I have always liked the look and really wish it was like it was between 1880 and 1950 when men wore hats all the time. I have a vintage Dobbs widebrim fedora and recently came across a stingy Portis but have not received it yet. I also have several Flat, Ivy and Scally's, some vintage and some not.

Looking forward to meeting some new people, reading, learning and asking some questions and hopefully getting some answers. :)

Chris

Hat and Rehat, hatsRme, Xena and 3 others like this.
  8. Welcome, Chris. This is a great community with lots to share. I’ve only been here a couple of years and I’ve learned a lot and made some good friends.

Enjoy your stay!

Brent

Headpatrolman likes this.
  9. DaveProc

DaveProc Call Me a Cab

Welcome Chris!

deadlyhandsome and Headpatrolman like this.
  10. Xena

Xena New in Town

New here just saying hi. I love all types of hats but my latest is a new Stetson Gambler style called the Dice (profile pic).
    Want to acquire more from Stetson but anyway I like reading the posts and seeing pics of what everyone’s wearing on their dome.

11. DaveProc

DaveProc Call Me a Cab

Welcome!!!!

Xena likes this.

12. Welcome! We need more women participating in this forum. I’ve always liked the gambler style, but it doesn’t always look right on me.

This was one of my favorite albums as a kid:

[​IMG]

13. Ursus45

Ursus45 New in Town

Hello all! My name is Seth, I’m new here and to hats in general. Looking to find something that’ll really fit my face well.

14. ghostman

ghostman New in Town

Hello. Been lurking a while but I just got my first felt. I already have a bunch of questions about reshaping so I am happy to be here with a bunch of knowledgeable folks.

Xena, Tukwila, Headpatrolman and 2 others like this.
  15. DaveProc

DaveProc Call Me a Cab

Welcome
    Welcome! You have come to the right place for all of your questions.

ghostman likes this.
  16. DaveProc

DaveProc Call Me a Cab

Welcome Seth!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
  17. Dan's hat

Dan's hat New in Town

Hi all,

I am new in here and happy to discover that there are so many people with deep love and respect for classic hats.
    Remembering my father wearing hats (almost) his entire life, I have just taken this step forward with my very first hat, two months ago, although my wife and friends consider that this makes me look older.

My first hat is a simple classic wool one, Made in Romania, and recently I was so lucky to find a German rabbit hair hat.
    I will post some pictures in the appropriate topic.

Looking forward to learning from you a lot about what I might call: a nostalgic piece of art.

Thank you!

hatsRme, deadlyhandsome and Tukwila like this.
  18. DaveProc

DaveProc Call Me a Cab

Welcome!!

19. Welcome! If you are so inclined, some of our European members find vintage hats in their locale and offer them for sale or trade here. This was hard to get hats are shared. Just a thought and a way for you to get hats not available to you locally.

Hope you enjoy your time here.

Brent

20. hatsRme

hatsRme

Welcome aboard, Dan! I can’t help but be intrigued by your mention of a wool felt from Rumania. Would you be so kind as to post some photos of it, interior and exterior? Thank you, and again, welcome!!