Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats Matter

One of the Regulars
I have been following this forum for several years and finally decided to join. I enjoy looking at the new and vintage hats and have learned a great deal. I started purchasing hats after my dermatologist recommended I cover my balding pate after a first bout of skin cancer. I have always liked hats and the recommendation acted as an impetus.

I stated purchasing new hats through Carolyn Burch's store (Fino Fino in Palo Alto CA) when Graham Thompson used to make his annual visit there. As a result, I have acquired more that a dozen hats, mostly fedoras but two Montecristi Panamas and two Milans through Optimo. I love the hats and wear one every day.

I am technologically challenged but will make an effort to post a photo

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I have been following this forum for several years and finally decided to join. I enjoy looking at the new and vintage hats and have learned a great deal. I started purchasing hats after my dermatologist recommended I cover my balding pate after a first bout of skin cancer. I have always liked hats and the recommendation acted as an impetus.

I stated purchasing new hats through Carolyn Burch's store (Fino Fino in Palo Alto CA) when Graham Thompson used to make his annual visit there. As a result, I have acquired more that a dozen hats, mostly fedoras but two Montecristi Panamas and two Milans through Optimo. I love the hats and wear one every day.

Welcome to the party!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.

Hello there! Stick around and keep sharing and posting...You can learn a ton from everyone here and have a great time, too!

Pantera

New in Town
I'm another newbie/former lurker. Although I've learned a lot watching, I could use some guidance on converting a Resistol 3X that I lucked into recently for $10. Is the first step to remove the sweatband, ribbon and liner before cleaning?

RJR

Welcome to both of you.Pantera,I believe you'll get a lot of suggestions on the Resistol.The question is just how badly it needs cleaning;all over filthy,spots,single stain,etc.

Welcome Pantera! Some images might help of this hat. There are literally thousands of posts on the FL to read about cleaning your hat. But sometimes, you just need to send it out to your hatter for a professional job (re-blocking, new sweat, etc.) I try on my own first, but...

Welcome, Hats Matter and Pantera! You're among friends and fellow hat crazies here.

Pantera, as Redfokker has indicated, there is a lot of advice regarding cleaning hats on this forum. But no, you don't typically remove the sweatband, lining or ribbon.

And pics always help!

Hats Matter

One of the Regulars
Let me give it a try. This is my Optimo Silverbelly
Picture%20or%20Video%20082_zps9atldsks.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelSturm