Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Project Panama

JCBurns

Familiar Face
Well, I finally found what I've been searching the antique shops for...a Panama! Ok, I'll just pretend it's a real Panama, not sure I believe that label. Now granted, it was in the womens section and it obviously was sold as a woman's hat, but I don't see why with a new ribbon treatment and perhaps a re-blocking it couldn't be a fine hat. I may simply re-ribbon it for now and have it reblocked come wintertime....no one but a hat afficionado will know it's not supposd to have two creases! :) It's obviously not a Montichristi..I'm guessing a Cuenco (see Bob, I'm learning)from the low ring count. But that's ok, for what I paid it'll do me fine until I can get a Real Panama from our favorite Panama dealer! So...whaddya think of my $38 Panama? lol

JCBurns

\\
P1000781.jpg

\\
P1000783.jpg

\\
P1010080.jpg

\\
P1010079.jpg

Prairie Shade

A-List Customer
Your gonna like it

I'm with you on the ribbon and I think Orgetorix is spot on about the weave. I have one I purchased from Robert last year I believe and its a good hat for the money. Congratulations, keep saving money and one day.......

RBH

Bartender
I looked at your photos a little closer and if you take the center crease and do like you were going to fold the hat up, you can work the other crease out of the straw. You may need to dampen the straw but I would try it dry first.
Then you could put you a good 7\8s ribbon on it and have a great Optimo style hat!.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner