Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
Man...........all this talk of Schott HH, I feel like taking a ride to Manhattan tomorrow and getting a 613SH. It's only an hour to get there. The way back goes fast because you got a NEW SCHOTT HH sitting on the front seat rite next to you !! I think i'm losing it !!

Reactions: SJC
I'm gonna post some pics of my 618hh later today when I get home from work....I'm REALLY starting to love how its breaking in. Iv just kept wearing it saying to myself "good things will come to those who wait and are patient" and that is very true. I'm SO glad I didn't turn my back on it in the first few day!

Just a little teaser to till later....

View attachment 56004 View attachment 56005

I don't want to sound like a Schott fanboy but this is freaking nice.

Phillips88

Familiar Face
I don't want to sound like a Schott fanboy but this is freaking nice.

Thanks man! I'm working on ya some pictures as we speak. Wish I had a decent camera and with some better lighting....my camera on my phone just doesn't do it justice...

Phillips88

Familiar Face
Like I said...excuse the quality of photos. I'll try to get outside in the sunlight tomorrow and take a few good ones.

2016-09-02_22.02.16-640x628.jpg
2016-09-02_22.05.13-600x800.jpg
2016-09-02_22.07.28-600x800.jpg
2016-09-02_22.09.02-600x800.jpg
2016-09-02_22.10.23-600x800.jpg

Exactly one week today sense I unbound her from Schott!

Harris HTM

One Too Many

Phillips88

Familiar Face
Those bastards have really upped their game - looks 10 times better than the 618HH I had. It's exactly like the best of the vintage stuff on Bay. . .

I'm quite pleased how she seems to be turning out. I'm trying to wear it as much I can but these 80-90 degree days are slowing that down lol.

Monitor, do you have any old pictures of your 618hh?

Good you mentioned it. This is one of the differences with the steer 618. My hh has a Schott logo stamped on the inner side of the buckle and seems more massive.

Yes! That's one of the first things I noticed. The buckle is much more "deluxe" then whathe iv seen in the past with "Schott Bros" stamped on the back as well

SJC

Suspended
Man...........all this talk of Schott HH, I feel like taking a ride to Manhattan tomorrow and getting a 613SH. It's only an hour to get there. The way back goes fast because you got a NEW SCHOTT HH sitting on the front seat rite next to you !! I think i'm losing it !![/QUOTE Do it!!!!!! This horsehide is awesome !

SJC

Suspended
Like I said...excuse the quality of photos. I'll try to get outside in the sunlight tomorrow and take a few good ones. I was soooo excited when I got my 641HH the other day , my quality of pics weren't great , I was just sooo thrilled my model just got done being made in NJ . The horsehide was in production in August .

View attachment 56047 View attachment 56048 View attachment 56049 View attachment 56050 View attachment 56051

Exactly one week today sense I unbound her from Schott!

SJC

Suspended
I noticed this like right out of the shopping box from Schott. To my knowledge the arms had never been bent at this time. It just seems odd at first that the forearms on both sleeves were softer than the rest of the jacket. I remember seeing an old post on Schotts forum that Oren Schott posted saying that Schott tired to utilize the entire horsehide so nothing went to waist. That they apparently have particular jobs at the factory where people are "leather selecters" who piece together the jackets and the better picks of the hides themselves. Regardless I think I got a beautiful jacket and like you said, im just gonna wear it and enjoy it! I just didn't know if anyone had ever heard of this before and if any changes needed to be made with Schott, I need to do it now whIle it's still considered new and is exchangeable
I just got a 641 Horsehide the other day that was just finished being made at the factory in NJ and I thought my sleeves were soft too. Glad I wasn't the only one. I thought it was going to be like armor, it wasn't.

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
I just got a 641 Horsehide the other day that was just finished being made at the factory in NJ and I thought my sleeves were soft too. Glad I wasn't the only one. I thought it was going to be like armor, it wasn't.
Schott jackets being like armor are a thing of the past..........

Phillips88

Familiar Face

SJC, congrats on your recent Schott purchase! I was a little shocked too but once it gets broke in a little like mine is starting to get, the rest of the jacket starts to resemble the sleeves (and believe it or not, its a good thing) The Schott hh is becoming buttery soft and really breaking in beautifully! The pics iv posted doesn't hold a candle. You'll see what I'm talking about in time!

BTW, POST US SOME PICS OF YOUR 641HH!

Reactions: SJC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points