Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Star Trek

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Twitch said:
Enterprise went the wrong way for me. Where I was looking forward to a new ST to go forward into the like the 27th century the prequel was too slow getting going.

It was like 10 episodes where the ship was portrayed like a used 1982 Dodge Aires K car in reliability and quality.:mad:

Crappy uniforms too. The show didnt even compare well to episodes of Stargate. And Stargate had fine cast chemistry.

Jovan

Suspended
It's not necessarily going to be Pike, as far as I know, just a fleet captain. Though I really would love to see him again in his prime and the return of those awesome Cage uniforms.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Pike or not....

Jovan said:
It's not necessarily going to be Pike, as far as I know, just a fleet captain. Though I really would love to see him again in his prime and the return of those awesome Cage uniforms.

Anything is possible, but trekmovie.com has a listing for both Pike and a 'federation caption'. Who knows , some of this could be misinformation?
Yes, it would be cool if this had the earlier uniforms.

BTW, Chekov wasnt in th first season, so his appearance will throw off some of the canon.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Jovan said:
How will it throw off the canon? Unless he's on the ship during or prior to the first season timeline, I doubt it will.

You just answered your own question.

Plus those great scenes in Wrath of Khan where Khan recognizes Checkov also throw off the canon. SpaceSeed is first season & Chekov wasnt around yet. It couldve been written differently, but then maybe the scenes wouldnt have been so dynamic.
chekov.jpg

Jovan

Suspended
I accept Koenig's explanation that Khan remembers Chekov as the one who took all day on the space toilet when he had to go. lol Seriously, Klingon blood is purple in Star Trek VI, most of the time it's human red colour, etc. Star Trek is full of inconsistencies. What matters is the drama of the moment, ultimately.

Jovan

Suspended
The resemblance is certainly there. Simon Pegg has qualities that would make a great Scotty though. He can act serious when the situation demands it, as shown in Hot Fuzz, or relax with a drink -- until the stuff hits the fan where he demonstrates leadership, as shown in Shaun of the Dead. Sure, both of them are comedy movies, but I've often seen where actors do great comedy, they can do great drama as well.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Oh sure, he was dead serious in HotFuzz. He really reminded me of the Terminator cop the way he sprinted w/ such a determined glare.

Hey, comedians can often find great depths for dark roles as well as a gleeful charm.
Take TimBurton casting a comedian as Batman. It really surprised a lot of people.
Or RobinWilliam's more recent dark roles.

cross your fingers.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
early trek costumes

RandKirk_Big.jpg

Rand3_Big.jpg

RandKirkSpock_Big.jpg

Rand2_Big.jpg

Early publicity photos, or maybe costume tests.
These seem to be from after Where No Man HAs Gone Before.
Early velour uniforms from the two pilots but w/ the first attempts at black collars. very simple rank braid. Note Kirk only wears two stripes.
Never saw Yeoman Rand in black pants on the series. And of course, she epitomized the red uniform.
Rand6_Big.jpg

Feraud

Bartender
MrBern said:
Really?
Y'know the young actor who played Picard's clone in ST:Nemesis was also in Band of Brothers.
Yes. He has a quick walk on role. If I recall correctly, Pegg walks up and hands someone an envelope and steps off camera.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Feraud said:
Yes. He has a quick walk on role. If I recall correctly, Pegg walks up and hands someone an envelope and steps off camera.

Oh Yeah, I think he was Capt Sobel's Sgt who had that pissed off look. I believe the character was killed in the C47 that went down w/ the company commander on Dday.

awesome mini-series.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner