Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NEW STETSON 2015 Dress catalog

theoldnorthwest

Familiar Face
I've been to John Helmers a few times and they don't seem to know much about hats other than looking at the price tag and telling you what one costs.

fedoralover

You are right they seem rather clueless. I don't think the first guy I spoke with even knew what an open crown was.

mingoslim

Practically Family
I like several . . . The Stetsonian, The Absinthe . . . I am on the list for one of the Sage Exceelents from Delmonico. If it is as nice as the review suggested, I might be looking at several new Stetsons this year :) . . . I haven't bought a new hat (excepting custom made) in over ten years! That may change.

theoldnorthwest

Familiar Face
Probably because of the open crown only being 5 1/4. Strange they went so low on that one, not much to work with.

I am digging the Absinthe. Like the color combo and the playboy-esque ribbon treatment. Still thinking about a Stetsonian in caribou as well. can't wait to see some of these in person.

It is odd that all of the open crown models have 5 1/2" crowns except the Whippet which if I am not mistaken used to come with a comparatively large crown in the old days, why go low on that particular hat?

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
The " Grand Central" is a fantastic hat. I tried it on at the MR show that Hatco was at. There are a LOT of open crown hats in varying heights and brim widths. But the Grand Central is my favorite because of the welted edge.
We will be carrying many of these new hats on our updated website. Look for it very soon.

Asmo

One of the Regulars
I have a Stetsonian in caribou on the way and I'm picking up a custom Gus Miller in Cincinnati on Friday, so I have to wait a bit on the new open crown Whippet. I'm happy to see these offerings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Well, if you happen to be in the market for a Premiere strat in cornhill, Berkeley Hat Co has them on sale for $170: http://www.berkeleyhat.com/stratoliner-premier-stetson-opencrown-hat.html

That's not a bad sale price at all. I like that color too. What are the general opinions of this hat from those who own one? The only concerns I have, is that I'm a hard to fit Long Oval. I don't think a whole lot of modern hat companies make LO sizes these days, including Stetson. Putting strips behind the sweat on a size larger hat is a coin toss at best. Sometimes it works okay, and a lot of times it doesn't. At any rate, I found that even with padding the sweat, the hat still never fits exactly right. I also prefer a little wider brim on my fedoras of no less than 2 5/8 inches, and no more than 2 3/4 inches wide. Does the Premiere Strat come with those brim widths as well? Good sale price for the Premiere though.

Last edited:
That's not a bad sale price at all. I like that color too. What are the general opinions of this hat from those who own one? The only concerns I have, is that I'm a hard to fit Long Oval. I don't think a whole lot of modern hat companies make LO sizes these days, including Stetson. Putting strips behind the sweat on a size larger hat is a coin toss at best. Sometimes it works okay, and a lot of times it doesn't. At any rate, I found that even with padding the sweat, the hat still never fits exactly right. I also prefer a little wider brim on my fedoras of no less than 2 5/8 inches, and no more than 2 3/4 inches wide. Does the Premiere Strat come with those brim widths as well? Good sale price for the Premiere though.
Terry, I am a long oval as well, and have found that the new Stetsons don't fit me right enough to justify the price tag.

KyleK

One of the Regulars
Definitely great to see these hats becoming available!
A walnut Grand Central is definitely on my list. Mostly because I've been wanting a higher grade felt in that color since retiring the "Royal" LL Bean Moose River that started my hat collection years back!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ