Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New suit

Jerekson

One Too Many
I picked this up at Goodwill for $30.

It's funny, because as it happened I hadn't actually been to that Goodwill store in months because I had never found anything good at that location. I just HAPPENED to stop in one day while driving and behold, one of my better Goodwill finds of all time...and for $30 nonetheless...

It's a SBPL (my first), which has a white-on-brown pinstripe that just screams late thirties to me.

It's a three piece and it fits relatively well, although a trip to the tailor would be welcome at some point. No emergencies though.

Judging by the fabric and the cut (the pants in particular), I'd say it's one of those famous 1970's Golden Age Repro suits that we find every now and then. I own two of these suits and they are some of my favorites.

I was sort of unsure about it in the store, but when I got home I learned that with a brown fedora, this is one of the most iconic suits I own.

FL_8.png

FL_7.png

Suit_9.png

P.S. I assure you I am much better looking in real life.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm wondering if that suit's perhaps haunted...there appear to be swarms of orbs or ectoplasm or something obscurring your face in each of those shots... ;) :rolleyes: lol

Seriously, I think a good tailoring's definitely in order and would do a world of good - taking up the trousers and sleeves, and maybe even pulling in the waist of the coat a bit. It's a great-looking suit, as is the outfit as a whole, but needs a little altering here and there to make it even better.

Jerekson

One Too Many
Oh no I definitely agree, I could use it fitted in more than one place. It's quite baggy around the waist in particular which bothers me. Going to the tailor is such a big expedition for me though, I've been wearing it as is (hardly at all) until I can go.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Mike in Seattle said:
I think a good tailoring's definitely in order and would do a world of good - taking up the trousers and sleeves, and maybe even pulling in the waist of the coat a bit.
I concur.

Bugsy

One Too Many
Well Done!!

Jerekson said:
I picked this up at Goodwill for $30.

It's funny, because as it happened I hadn't actually been to that Goodwill store in months because I had never found anything good at that location. I just HAPPENED to stop in one day while driving and behold, one of my better Goodwill finds of all time...and for $30 nonetheless...

It's a SBPL (my first), which has a white-on-brown pinstripe that just screams late thirties to me.

It's a three piece and it fits relatively well, although a trip to the tailor would be welcome at some point. No emergencies though.

Judging by the fabric and the cut (the pants in particular), I'd say it's one of those famous 1970's Golden Age Repro suits that we find every now and then. I own two of these suits and they are some of my favorites.

I was sort of unsure about it in the store, but when I got home I learned that with a brown fedora, this is one of the most iconic suits I own.

FL_8.png

FL_7.png
As we always say around the English Department, "You done good!"

Jerekson

One Too Many
Dinerman said:
'70s suits aren't always bad. Get that thing taken in everywhere.

Oh indeed, I love lots of suits from the 70's, especially some of the more flamboyant ones. Good fitting suits were common; there was still some style to it. It's the 80's when things started to get messy.

If I can I'm going to try to get this in to the tailor next week. I'm thinking about just doing it myself though...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy