Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New to me Schott car coat

Magister

Familiar Face
After years of wanting a heavy leather 3/4 length coat, I finally found one - a Schott 523 (I think that's the model) that I got on Etsy for a screamin' good deal. I know that in a world of Aero, LW, etc. that this is a fairly unremarkable coat, but I'm pretty thrilled! Aero is a bit beyond my budget and the vintage coats I see that suit my taste are usually too small. This one is a size 44 and is about 20 years old. It looks like it wasn't worn much at all.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
That's a great coat. There's a lot to be said for simplicity. Overall, it looks like a very high quality jacket.

I don't think that coat is so unremarkable. If you can get by without custom made for sleeve length,etc. then coats like this can be a great way to go. Over the years Schott has made some with good quality. This one looks to be very nice.
HD

Magister

Familiar Face
Don't put it down, I think it's a great looking jacket. How about a fit pic?

I'll try for a fit pic tomorrow, and maybe some detail pics.

A 42L would have provided the best, trim fit had it been available, but 44 is quite serviceable.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Great coat. I just got this Schott chore coat or whatever it is called. Got it on ebay, came with the Goodwill tag for $29. I paid twice that. Very good looking comfortable coat with a nice blanket lining. A nice coat doesn't have to cost a lot of money. Very impressed as are others who see it. Wore it today with a sweater and it works great.

DSC05873.JPG

DSC05879.JPG

DSC05880.JPG

tommygun

New in Town
Most all my jackets are Schott. They are actually very wearable jackets. i wear my 118 perfecto almost daily. Never had an Aero, have a couple lost worlds, and yes the quality is very high, but break-in can be very long, again a GREAT product, just heavier leather than some people like.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
After years of wanting a heavy leather 3/4 length coat, I finally found one - a Schott 523 (I think that's the model) that I got on Etsy for a screamin' good deal. I know that in a world of Aero, LW, etc. that this is a fairly unremarkable coat, but I'm pretty thrilled! Aero is a bit beyond my budget and the vintage coats I see that suit my taste are usually too small. This one is a size 44 and is about 20 years old. It looks like it wasn't worn much at all.

Only just saw this, really lovely coat. I'm a great fan of leather car coats / blazers / 3/4 length jackets so I love it. Probably one of the most utilitarian designs for leather jackets/coats there are, you'll get a ton of use out of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner