Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NEW W&G M-422a repro

thor

One Too Many
After contemplating several options for a new M-422a repro, I stumbled upon Mr. Steve Sellers (Greatest Generation Clothing Co.) on VLJ. He owns several vintage G-1/M-422/AN-J-3 jackets, including examples from Willis and Geiger. We e-mailed back and forth and soon struck up a deal to produce a W&G M-422a.
I reviewed samples of goatskin and linings and we discussed sizing/measurements. The process was both fun and productive. In just a few weeks I received my jacket and Steve nailed the fit (46 Long) perfectly! All the details and customization was exactly the way we discussed. Buttery soft/grainy and pebbled russet goatskin, red-burgundy lining, soft genuine mouton collar. Excellent workmanship and attention to detail. I couldn't be happier!
Here are some general pics (fit pics coming soon!):

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 669
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 688
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 713
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 664

CBI

One Too Many
Super, Steve is yet another excellent resource as a custom jacket maker!!!

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Thor that looks great and look forward to fit pics. I've always had a soft spot for USN 422-A and G-1 jackets.

AdeeC

Practically Family
That looks great. If I didn't have a perfect original M422-A, I would order one myself. Steve is great to deal with. Makes every effort to get the details and measurements right. I love the Grizzly he made for me recently. For now I can only keep admiring it until the weatther cools down.

Tedquinton

A-List Customer
Really nice looking jacket. I tried searching, but couldn't find a website for Greatest Generation Clothing Co., is there one? If not is there any where else I can see more of their jackets?

AdeeC

Practically Family
Really nice looking jacket. I tried searching, but couldn't find a website for Greatest Generation Clothing Co., is there one? If not is there any where else I can see more of their jackets?

Steve posts here as Steve S. No website as yet. Best to PM him.

Last edited:

Stand By

One Too Many
Looks great, Thor - and I know you know your M422-A's, so if it passes muster with you, I know it's good!
Looking forward to the fit pics and enjoy it! (Easily done!)

Steve S.

One of the Regulars
Richard, it was a real pleasure to work with you on this as well as Paul with his Grizzly! I know it takes courage to gamble your money with a virtual "unknown" on a project & hope I was able to meet all of your expectations! I hope I made the process fun for you with the various updates. I know I enjoyed it & feel like I've made new friends & to me, that's what it's all about!

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The W&G repro looks great IMO. A few years of wear will begin to create the vintage patina seen on the restored original. BTW was the omission of the hanger customer choice?

Skyhawk

Vendor

Steve's jackets are currently available on the Headwind MFG Co website. Listings include his AN-J-3 and M422a jackets. More models of his jackets including the Grizzly will be listed shortly. You can get the detailed photos and info here:
www.headwindmfg.com/jackets

Steve S.

One of the Regulars
The W&G repro looks great IMO. A few years of wear will begin to create the vintage patina seen on the restored original. BTW was the omission of the hanger customer choice?

It's there. just wasn't added until after those pics were taken! ;)

thor

One Too Many
Richard, it was a real pleasure to work with you on this as well as Paul with his Grizzly! I know it takes courage to gamble your money with a virtual "unknown" on a project & hope I was able to meet all of your expectations! I hope I made the process fun for you with the various updates. I know I enjoyed it & feel like I've made new friends & to me, that's what it's all about!
Steve I am 100% pleased with the entire process, from intro e-mails to choosing hide and lining color to final measurement/sizing. Really appreciated the almost daily updates! It was like we were making this jacket in a creative design partnership rather than me just placing a clinical credit card order with "Leather Factory XYZ". Thanks again my friend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ