Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Newbie begins his search

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Congrats! I've made that roadtrip twice now and I've always enjoyed the experience. I also never left without a new hat or two lol.

Thunderball

One of the Regulars
I am finally back home. I took my son with me to help. I think he went along more for the ride. Nonetheless he was impressed with all the gadgets in the shop. We ate at the cafe on the corner and since we were so close to Memphis, we ended up at Corky's. I think I have gained 10 pounds!

I still have a few things left to decide on the hat. MM was most helpful. So far:
I got to wear the conformateur!
100% beaver
Dark gray
Teardrop crown
No slope front to back
Thin ribbon
Right now a 3" unfinshed edge.

I am kinda stuck on the brim size. I am going back up there when it is finished and will decide then whether or not to cut it down and put banding on the edge.

I'm not in formal situations much so I am going toward a more casual look.

Thunderball

One of the Regulars
I got my new lid yesterday. I took a friend and he ordered a pork pie. I also took my son and one of his friends. On the way I got a ticket for doing 67 in a 55. Those cost $189 if it is your first one. Maybe TN can fill a pothole or 2 with my contribution. After the hat shop, we all went to Memphis for some of Gus's World Famous Fried Chicken.

I must have been over excited on my initial trip because I forgot some of the details. But it looks and fits great.
IMG_2149.jpg

IMG_2148.jpg

IMG_2146.jpg

IMG_2144.jpg

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
Those colors do go great together. Next time I am down in Tennessee maybe I should head on in. Do you have to call for apointment or justn head in whenever?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21