Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NEWS BOY CAPS

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Another 1930s cap of mine that I wear was deadstock with all the tags on it when I got it. There was a tag on the brim snap that said the brim was "genuine rubber". We'll see what I find when I open the next ones up, but I may buy some 1/8" sheet rubber for brims.
I'm debating sweatbands. Originals had so many ways of handling it. Full leather, half leather/half cloth, half-leather/half liner, satin covered belting, liner-as-sweatband. And linings- there were taped seams, removable crown linings, crown tips, full linings. So many things to decide.

((I'm debating sweatbands.))

LEATHER !!!
well If your gonna sell em Leather
it just conforms so much better & helps the cap stand up & the cap wont fly away in a strong gust as a fabric sweat can.
Hey my pal Johnny J made a 8 point check this
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...you-ve-made!&p=1456993&viewfull=1#post1456993

Pinesiw

A-List Customer
newsboy?
DSC01548.jpg

DSC01527.jpg

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Im with you Case,
I need my Daily cap fix.
& between Johnny J's & the Cap Faction, I need Simonds Caps thread too....

AgentJ

New in Town
I just received this newsboy cap for Christmas this year. It is a Jonathan Richard Donegal Tweed newsboy. The cut appears extra full. The quality of the material is top notch. It is a thick blue, l. gray, and d. gray tweed with specks of yellow. I have been eyeballing this style for about 3 years. I just LOVE the chunky yarn style. I believe this hat will last forever. Unlike other newsboys I have owned, this one has a thick, cloth brim (my Borsalino brim is cardboard and unfortunately developed a bend). I purchased it from my all time favorite hat shop, Byrnie Utz in Seattle. The staff is very nice and helpful, and have sold me all of my fedoras (minus 1, bought in Italy). I would love to know what the brim is made of for hatpeople and other brands.
Oops, I guess I can't post photos...
Photos of some of my hats can be seen here...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/113053612@N02/

Nyah

One of the Regulars
I just received this newsboy cap for Christmas this year. It is a Jonathan Richard Donegal Tweed newsboy. The cut appears extra full. The quality of the material is top notch. It is a thick blue, l. gray, and d. gray tweed with specks of yellow. I have been eyeballing this style for about 3 years. I just LOVE the chunky yarn style. I believe this hat will last forever. Unlike other newsboys I have owned, this one has a thick, cloth brim (my Borsalino brim is cardboard and unfortunately developed a bend). I purchased it from my all time favorite hat shop, Byrnie Utz in Seattle. The staff is very nice and helpful, and have sold me all of my fedoras (minus 1, bought in Italy). I would love to know what the brim is made of for hatpeople and other brands.
Oops, I guess I can't post photos...
Photos of some of my hats can be seen here...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/113053612@N02/
No photos are showing up when I visit your Flickr page. Are you able to post the ones of the cap here using the
tag?

triggerxing

New in Town
Hello
I highly recommend Jonathan Richards Gatsby hats. They're irish made and fine quality and haven't significantly altered the design in 100 years apart from a small plastic coating on the inside label. I'm a stickler for authenticity and have three of theirs. There is also the Borsalino Newsboy and the Hanna plain tweed 8 piece cap.

Last edited:

Playdablues

New in Town
Here's my new Hat People cap. Ordered a full cut but looks like medium. Also measured 24 1/8 in but ordered 24 1/2 and it's a snug fit. Anyone else have an experience like that with hat people? My B!Wear fits and looks good. Hanna hats fit pretty good and look good. Not sure what happened on this hat people order. But I think I like the Hat People hat the most if I can get one that fits and looks good...
20140814_163930_zps7eca9e94.jpg
20140814_163732_zpsaf6a2fee.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails