Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nice CR in seal color added to collection Brand name info needed

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Friends,

I just got this nice CR. The hide is nice. It looks like horse hide. Medium weight and well made. All talon zips and in good working order. The color has this very nice patina.

However, I do not know the maker. Nice keeper!

Attachments

• 444.jpg
    444.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 220
  • front open.jpg
    front open.jpg
    359 KB · Views: 235
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 226
  • front open s.jpg
    front open s.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 271
lol no idea! I've seen those front pockets only on Sears and something in my head said "Schott" the moment I saw it as well but I really have no clue... Custom or some small maker? Is there a tag in any of the pockets?
It's probably not Schott, size tag is in the wrong place.

Could be a vintage Cycle Rider...they were made by Schott and sold under that name, exclusively at M/C dealerships. That gray liner with the red piping and the zip pulls sure look like Schott stuff.
Schott_vintage_X30_5.jpg

Yeah, that's what made me think it's Schott. But Sears was also doing that red piping thing which is otherwise pretty rare on a CR. Sleeve zipper also looks like something Schott would do.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
I was thinking Schott. The leather looks similar to one of my G-1 type I have from them. I was not able to find any labels in the jacket. Just that little size 42. I think it might be late 70's. This model run big for a 42.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff