Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds

Nick Danger's Dangerous Contest

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Messages
4,469
Location
Behind the 8 ball,..
Greetings fellow loungers. In appreciation of, and to complement Mr. Marc Chevalier's on-going vintage tie contests, I am happy to present my own contest. Prize is this set of vintage cufflinks and a 2 inch tie clasp with a similar design. Not an exact match,.......but not bad, eh? (So whadaya want for nothing?) Post your answers here. In case of a tie, I will post one more tie-breaker question.


Opus135.jpg


Here are the questions:


  1. 1. Cathy has six pairs of black gloves and six pairs of brown gloves in her top dresser drawer. In complete darkness, how many gloves must she take from the drawer to be sure to get a pair that match? (Think Carefully)
  2. 2. How many birth days does the average man have?
  3. 3. Someone at a party introduces you to your mother's only sister's husband's sister in law. He has no brothers. What relation is this lady to you?
  4. 4. Because cigars can not be entirely smoked, a hobo who collects cigar butts is able to make a cigar of his own to smoke out of every 5 butts he can find. Today he has found 25 cigar butts. How many cigars will he be able to smoke?
  5. 5. A woman goes into a hardware store to buy something for her house. When asked for the price, the sales clerk replies, "The price of one is twelve cents, the price of forty four is twenty four cents, and the price of a hundred and forty four is thirty six cents." What does the woman want to buy?
  6. 6. Why are 1898 dollars worth more than 1897 dollars?
 

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Messages
4,187
1. Thirteen gloves
2. One
3. Your own mother
4. None
5. Numbers for the front of her house
6. Because you have one more dollar


Brad
 

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Messages
4,469
Location
Behind the 8 ball,..
Dad blast it to blue blazes!

Brad Bowers said:
4. Six

Brad

That was too easy! :eusa_doh: lol You win the cigar! I had hoped it would last a day or so at least.
You are the lucky winner Brad! PM me with your mailing address and collect your fabulous prize.
(Subsequent contests I hope will be more dificult)
 

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
Messages
500
Location
s/e missouri
Maj.Nick Danger said:
Greetings fellow loungers. In appreciation of, and to complement Mr. Marc Chevalier's on-going vintage tie contests, I am happy to present my own contest. Prize is this set of vintage cufflinks and a 2 inch tie clasp with a similar design. Not an exact match,.......but not bad, eh? (So whadaya want for nothing?) Post your answers here. In case of a tie, I will post one more tie-breaker question.


Opus135.jpg


Here are the questions:


  1. 1. Cathy has six pairs of black gloves and six pairs of brown gloves in her top dresser drawer. In complete darkness, how many gloves must she take from the drawer to be sure to get a pair that match? (Think Carefully)
  2. 2. How many birth days does the average man have?
  3. 3. Someone at a party introduces you to your mother's only sister's husband's sister in law. He has no brothers. What relation is this lady to you?
  4. 4. Because cigars can not be entirely smoked, a hobo who collects cigar butts is able to make a cigar of his own to smoke out of every 5 butts he can find. Today he has found 25 cigar butts. How many cigars will he be able to smoke?
  5. 5. A woman goes into a hardware store to buy something for her house. When asked for the price, the sales clerk replies, "The price of one is twelve cents, the price of forty four is twenty four cents, and the price of a hundred and forty four is thirty six cents." What does the woman want to buy?
  6. 6. Why are 1898 dollars worth more than 1897 dollars?


1)...is 7
2) ...1
3)...it's your mother
4) 1 cigar
5)...house numbers
6)$1,898.00 is one more silver dollar than $1,897.00


thank you very much
 

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
Messages
500
Location
s/e missouri
well pat me on the back.....and say good try.... i jumped on here just a few minutes too late...

mark tssb

mayber I could get the second prize.. afree jacket painting !!!!
 

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Messages
4,469
Location
Behind the 8 ball,..
Sorry Mark

shoeshineboy said:
1)...is 7
2) ...1
3)...it's your mother
4) 1 cigar
5)...house numbers
6)$1,898.00 is one more silver dollar than $1,897.00


thank you very much

Too late.Thanks for your participation, and be sure to look for upcoming contests. But beware,....they WILL (I hope) get more difficult. :)
 

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Messages
4,469
Location
Behind the 8 ball,..
Free jacket painting,....

shoeshineboy said:
well pat me on the back.....and say good try.... i jumped on here just a few minutes too late...

mark tssb

mayber I could get the second prize.. afree jacket painting !!!!


.........if you hook me up with that gorgeous model dame! ;)
 

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Messages
4,187
Maj.Nick Danger said:
That was too easy! :eusa_doh: lol You win the cigar! I had hoped it would last a day or so at least.

(Subsequent contests I hope will be more dificult)

Sorry! I inadvertently drew it out by taking the philosophical approach to #4 instead of the mathematical. Otherwise, it would have been over even faster!

I'll play quietly by myself in future rounds. Now, if I can just win a vintage tie...

Thanks for the game and the prize!

Brad
 
S

Shaul-Ike Cohen

Guest
The whole thing is unfair - an American conspiracy to exclude Europeans, Australians and son on! :)
 

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Messages
4,469
Location
Behind the 8 ball,..
Very true.

Marc Chevalier said:
The folks around here are smart, knowledgeable cookies (and even good guessers). It's very hard to put together a contest for them! The trick is in asking questions whose answers can't be easily found by a minute of Googling.

I'll just have to become trickier. ;)
 
S

Shaul-Ike Cohen

Guest
Grrr...

So it would have helped to state London, England?

Now that is more of a mystery than the whole of your questions. :)
 

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Messages
4,469
Location
Behind the 8 ball,..
Like I just said,.....

Shaul-Ike Cohen said:
So it would have helped to state London, England?

Now that is more of a mystery than the whole of your questions. :)

I have to get trickier. :whistling

As to time zone considerations, I will post my next at a differant time. In order to give people in far corners of the world a fair chance.
 
S

Shaul-Ike Cohen

Guest
That's a nice thought, but you can't please everybody - someone will be on a business trip without internet access, or computer crashed.

Concerning my address, you're right: I'd like to see the mailman who doesn't find Shaul-Ike Cohen's in SF, England, and returns the cufflinks to the sender at Old Aerodrome, Somewhere, Cornfields, OH.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
102,965
Messages
2,922,491
Members
49,885
Latest member
trentstanton
Top