Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Night Court

tallyho

One of the Regulars
Does anyone else remeber Harry Anderson in the 80s comedy "Night Court"?
Every episode he a new 40s tie on. They were some of the best! occaisionally he would wear some other 40s clothes and many fedoras. I even remember him being on SNL in the 70s doing a vaudvil schtict. I think he got the "Night Court" from a recurring roll on "Cheers" where he played a huckster who wore 40s clothes.

Rosie

One Too Many
Harry Anserson is actually one of my favorite comedians, very smart guy. He's really into Golden Age comedy, clothing and style. Kind of Harry Conick Jr.-ish.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
When I was watching that show as a young thing in my twenties, I had a wicked crush on Harry Anderson -- that whole look with the vintage jackets and ties, the hats, and (sometimes) the glasses just made me swoon.

I've never met a *real* judge like him, though. Very discouraging.

Dr. Shocker

One of the Regulars
Harry does Rock he now owns (pre Katrina) a magic store with his wife in New Orleans......not sure if itsstill there but he and his wife worked it and loved fans and young magicians stopping by

tallyho

One of the Regulars
Dr. Shocker said:
Harry does Rock he now owns (pre Katrina) a magic store with his wife in New Orleans......not sure if itsstill there but he and his wife worked it and loved fans and young magicians stopping by

it looks like he closed his club in august do to lack of business post katrina. he supposedly moved to NC, but plans on returning at some point.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
I like Night Court, too. I especially enjoyed the episode where he and prosecutor Dan both ended up on the window ledge in their underwear.

His character was also a big fan of Mel Torme.

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lincsong said:
My favorite character on the show.lol I used to stop studying in college at 10:30 every night to watch the reruns.lol

Do you remember Dan Fielding's real name (the character's real name)?

Dixon Cannon

Wow!

AndersonHarry.jpg

Old Harry's really let himself go since 'Night Court'! We should donate a new Fedora to him and try to get him a segment on "Whatever happened to...", poor fellow!! ;)

-dixon cannon

tallyho

One of the Regulars
carebear said:
No, the character. "Dan Fielding" wasn't Dan Fielding's real name.
John Larroquette as Assistant District Attorney Dan Fielding, a.k.a. Reinhold Fielding Elmore, a sex-obsessed narcissist who would do anything to get a woman to sleep with him.

carebear

tallyho said:
John Larroquette as Assistant District Attorney Dan Fielding, a.k.a. Reinhold Fielding Elmore, a sex-obsessed narcissist who would do anything to get a woman to sleep with him.

Excellent. Go steal yourself a kewpie doll. :D

tallyho

One of the Regulars
carebear said:
Excellent. Go steal yourself a kewpie doll. :D

I want the big kewpie doll, so here is some more info

John Larroquette's character was called "Dan Fielding" almost exclusively, although his full name was quite different. When his parents visit him "from Paris" (Texas), they mention that his last name was "Elmore" and his middle name was "Fielding". In a different episode, where pregnant women and their spouses are stuck in the courtroom during a hurricane, Dan admits to one of the mothers that his first name is "Reinhold." (His coworkers would not learn his name until several years later, when a vengeful high school classmate of Dan's reveals it to them along with the fact that Dan used to play the accordion.) This was a nod to the unusual first name of the show's creator, Reinhold Weege.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Dan Fielding's character made the whole show. Although, Selma Diamond was hilarious. Speaking of which,:eek:fftopic: it was her voice on the telephone in It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World of Spencer Tracy's wife.lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltqt