Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nightclubs

Laraquan

Familiar Face
Looking over these reviews - http://www.tipsontables.com/ - made me so jealous of all the lucky rich people in the olden days. Do nightclubs such as these still exist for all you big city types? Have you been in them? How are they different from regular nightclubs?

I wonder what sort of clubs they had around the 30s in Adelaide. Probably just a number of pubs.

Hondo

One Too Many
Yes they do exist maybe not original form, some call it cigar night clubs, vintage look maybe live music, small dance floor people dress casual, not real dress up, but a few do. Below is a place call Harlow's, in Sacramento, California USA, quite crowded, a bit too much for me, I like someplace more quiet. Sacto doesn't have alot of classy clubs such as in New York, San Francisco or Los Angeles. But there are Nightclubs that have that Golden Era look and feel.

South Australia? Wow thats a long way, lovely women down there;)

http://www.harlows.com/

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
This just in:

More unhappy tidings to report: Rakehell's Revels – one of London's top club nights, and one of my favourites – is to come to an end.

Rakehell's has run every Tuesday (excusing summer breaks) for a few years now. The final date was planned for mid December, but last-minute news just in informs me that next Tuesday's Halloween bash (30th October) will be the last until two farewell finales in December.

I have so far been unable to ascertain the exact reason for this premature finish, but will let you know as and when I find out more.

In any case, it is a real loss for London's club scene and I strongly advise you to get down to these last three sessions. I am sure that they will all be very well attended, as Rakehell's is an extremely popular night, so do get down early to ensure you get in.

I'm honoured that host David Piper has invited me to spin a few tunes myself at one of the December finales. I'll post the date and details when this is confirmed.

For full details on Rakehell's Revels see the review on my Club Guide here: www.londondossier.info/clubs.htm

Do also check out the great Rakehell's Revels CD that came out a few months back.​

(Londondossier)

Kishtu

Practically Family
Ike, Bertie W told me this a couple of weeks ago, but I couldn't find any verification - boo! it looks like we will never get to go now :(

I think he may have got it off their Myspace page....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav